Police are seeking to identify a group of neo-Nazis who chanted and unveiled an offensive sign on the steps of Victoria’s Parliament House. 

Twenty men fully covered in black clothing held up their anti-Semitic sign outside the Spring Street building about 6.55pm yesterday.

Footage of the group posted online showed the men chanting: “Freedom for the white man” and “White man, white man, white man”.

Police are seeking to identify a group of neo-Nazis who posed for a photo and chanted on the steps of Victoria's Parliament House. 
Police are seeking to identify a group of neo-Nazis who posed for a photo and chanted on the steps of Victoria’s Parliament House.  (X)

They were then filmed being spoken to by police, taking down their sign and walking off.

Victoria Police Acting Superintendent Kelly Walker said it appeared the men were having “some type of photoshoot”.

“They showed up with their own photographer,” she said at a press conference today. 

Walker said members of the public who witnessed this were outraged and began shouting at them to take the sign down.

“The sign was intended to cause unrest to the community,” she said.

Victoria's Parliament House.
Victoria’s Parliament House. (Paul Jeffers/The Age)

Walker said protective services officers called for back-up and upon police arrival about five minutes later, the men ran and scattered into the nearby Fitzroy Gardens.

Despite patrols and searches of the area, she said the men were unable to be found. 

Walker said one man has been identified and officers are working to apprehend him. 

So far, no arrests have been made and investigators are collecting evidence to identify the rest of the men involved. 

Victoria Police Acting Superintendent Kelly Walker
Victoria Police Acting Superintendent Kelly Walker. (Nine)

“Looking to ID the men is our priority, so we’ll be looking through the extensive CBD network of footage that exists and we’ll seek advice under the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act,” Walker said.

“The behaviour was disgusting and the members of the public were outraged.”

Anyone with information, and the members of the public who witnessed the incident, are urged to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

You May Also Like

Horror scenes as rush hour bus is SLICED in half after it ploughs into a tree at busy city

By ANTOINETTE MILIENOS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 21:31 EDT, 3 April…

Texas football star Austin Metcalf wrote about faith and God in tragic final post days before fatal stabbing

A slain Texas football star talked about his reliance on faith to…

Six years ago, Israel Folau had a bitter clash with Aussie rugby bosses over his homophobic comments – here’s why he’s slamming them again

Israel Folau and Rugby Australia again at loggerheads Folau was sacked by…

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis have affectionate reunion promoting ‘Freaky Friday’ sequel at CinemaCon

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis reunited to promote their forthcoming “Freaky…