Terrifying video footage has captured the moment a tradie (pictured) threatened a motorist with a pick axe at an intersection on Queens Road in Albert Park, Melbourne, on Saturday

Terrifying footage has emerged of a man threatening a motorist with a large pick axe.

Confronting video taken by passing driver showed the man, who was wearing an orange hi-vis shirt and dark pants, wielding the rusty brown pick axe at an intersection in Albert Park, in Melbourne’s south, on Saturday. 

He began to speak aggressively to the driver as he brandished the tool. 

Terrifying video footage has captured the moment a tradie (pictured) threatened a motorist with a pick axe at an intersection on Queens Road in Albert Park, Melbourne, on Saturday

Terrifying video footage has captured the moment a tradie (pictured) threatened a motorist with a pick axe at an intersection on Queens Road in Albert Park, Melbourne, on Saturday

Moments later, the man tapped the axe on the roof of the vehicle and then tapped it against the window on the driver’s side of the vehicle. 

He continued his tirad by pointing and yelling at the driver. 

Radio presenter Jacqui Felgate expressed her outrage over the incident on 3AW on Tuesday afternoon. 

She said the driver in the hi-vis had overtaken another driver before he confronted the motorist with the pick axe. 

‘Imagine if there were children in the back seat of that car,’ she said. 

‘I think it’s scary and threatening enough as an adult let alone if kids witnessed the person behaving this way.’

The man was seen pointing his finger (pictured) and yelling at the driver of the vehicle, during the shocking roadside confrontation

The man was seen pointing his finger (pictured) and yelling at the driver of the vehicle, during the shocking roadside confrontation

Glenn Weir, Assistant Commissioner of Road Policing at Victoria Police, told the program, that officers had been made aware of the incident. 

‘We’ve spoken to the motorist who was the victim of that [incident] who doesn’t want to take any action,’ Commissioner Weir said. 

‘The behaviour is completely unacceptable, I don’t know what world that guy lives in where he thinks that’s acceptable behaviour.’

He said police would continue to make inquiries with the motorist and urged drivers who witness similar incidents to contact police in the first instance instead of uploading videos to social media. 

You May Also Like

Belmont Club: How Will 'Liberation Day' Be Remembered?

Will the “Liberation Day” tariff policies of Donald Trump work or…

Russian spy sensors found tracking Britain’s nuclear submarines in UK waters: report

A new report revealed Russian spy sensors are tracking the United Kingdom’s…

Mets rally past Blue Jays thanks to late heroics by Francisco Lindor, Jesse Winker

OMG and some of the vibes of 2024 are gone, but if…

Today Is Gold Star Spouses’ Day

Today, April 5, is designated as a day to honor those…