This image created by US-based Parabon Nano Labs shows what William Tyrrell might look at age 13, 10 years after he disappeared without a trace

A new image created by a high tech US crime lab could help unlock one of Australia’s most haunting mysteries 10 years after William Tyrrell vanished without a trace.

There have been no confirmed sightings of the three-year-old toddler since he disappeared from his foster grandmother’s home in Kendall on the NSW mid north coast on September 12, 2014. 

World leading forensic imaging experts for US forensic facility Parabon Nano Labs has created and released a computer generated image of what William would look like today at age 13.

University of Newcastle Associate Professor in Criminology Dr Xanthé Mallett told 10 News that the ageing progression on the image had been been expertly done.

‘These forensic medical artists can actually give us a likeness, give us a prediction of what somebody may have looked like using images of that person at different ages,’ she said.

‘He (WIlliam) would be going into puberty at this stage, so he would be having a lot of changes, especially in the lower half of his face, because he would be taking on a more adult appearance as his adult teeth come through.’

It’s hoped that the image might prompt someone with information about what happened to William to come forward and help solve one of the nation’s most enduring mysteries.

‘There is always the chance that he is alive, however, that does seem unlikely,’ Assoc Prof Mallett said.

This image created by US-based Parabon Nano Labs shows what William Tyrrell might look at age 13, 10 years after he disappeared without a trace

This image created by US-based Parabon Nano Labs shows what William Tyrrell might look at age 13, 10 years after he disappeared without a trace

Thursday marked 10 years since William Tyrrell vanished from his foster grandmother's home on the NSW mid north coast

Thursday marked 10 years since William Tyrrell vanished from his foster grandmother’s home on the NSW mid north coast

An image such as this could encourage someone who knows what happen to unlock the mystery. 

On the 10th anniversary of the toddler’s appearance on Thursday, NSW Police issued a brief statement that did not promise any renewed attempt to find William, who is believed to have died.

‘Strike force detectives continue to prepare information for the coronial inquest,’ the statement said. 

NSW Premier Chris Minns stressed that there’s a $1million reward for anyone who can provide information leading to William being found.

Despite police being called within the hour of William going missing and a decade-long investigation involving hundreds of persons of interest and dozens of searches, no trace of the boy last seen wearing a Spider-Man suit – has been found. 

In March 2019, a coronial inquest looked into the multi-million dollar search. 

However, the inquest has been put on hold until the end of the year and no findings have been handed down

Former detective Gary Jubelin, who led the search for William for four years, remains haunted by the case.

Mr Jubelin was stood down from the case after being found guilty of illegally recording a suspect in 2020. 

He believes there needs to be a broader review of how the investigation was conducted. 

A computer generated image of what William Tyrrell would look like at five, two years after he disappeared

A computer generated image of what William Tyrrell would look like at five, two years after he disappeared

Despite millions of dollars and thousands of house of police investigation William has not been seen since he disappeared from his foster grandmother's home in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014

Despite millions of dollars and thousands of house of police investigation William has not been seen since he disappeared from his foster grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014

‘There should be concurrently an investigative stream that should be set up very early to investigate the possibility that there’s human intervention,’ he told Channel 10.

‘All these dramas, all this controversy with the investigation that should all be put aside and everyone should be working in the same direction to find out what’s happened to William.’

Associate Professor Mallett said some lessons were learnt from how police conducted the case, which were applied to successfully rescue abducted four-year-old Cleo Smith in Western Australia in 2019.

‘We learnt about locking the scene down very quickly,’ she said

‘We learnt about when to offer a reward, and I do think that the WA Police made sure that those same mistakes weren’t made.’

During a recent directions hearing at the NSW Coroner’s Court last,  it was confirmed that the final block of hearings for the inquest into Williams disappearance and the police investigation will be held in the weeks starting November 4 and December 16.

You May Also Like

Ex-Liberal MP will wait for almost a year for trial over child sex allegations

A former Liberal MP will have to wait almost a year to…

Why Do 10 Nurses at the Same Hospital Have Brain Tumors?

The American Cancer Society states that your risk of developing a…

Australian super funds targeted by criminals in new cyberattack

Several of Australia’s largest super funds including AustralianSuper, Rest, and Insignia have…

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis have affectionate reunion promoting ‘Freaky Friday’ sequel at CinemaCon

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis reunited to promote their forthcoming “Freaky…