The bus had been returning from the wedding reception of Mitchell Gaffney and Madeleine Edsell at the Wandin Valley Estate when it overturned at a roundabout near Greta last Sunday night.
Ten people were killed and almost two dozen more were rushed to hospital.
The couple, who was not on the bus, publicly addressed the tragedy for the first time this afternoon.
“While we appreciate the outpouring of love and support from the community, we ask that the media respect our privacy while we grieve,” it said.
“Our primary focus at this time is processing this tragedy, and supporting our family and friends, which is why we’d like to formally decline any requests for media interviews.”
Seven patients are still being treated at John Hunter Hospital and all are stable, a spokeswoman for Hunter New England Local Health District said.
Read Related Also: Did T.J. Holmes' Ex-Wife Know About His Affair With Amy Robach?
Bus driver Brett Button was charged with 10 counts of dangerous driving occasioning death – drive manner dangerous and negligent driving occasioning death over the crash.
Meanwhile, the groom’s father John Gaffney, has urged people to lobby state and country leaders over the wearing of seatbelts on buses.
Gaffney, who works in motorways and road safety according to his LinkedIn profile, wrote: “Hopefully something positive can come out of this tragedy.”
“Fifty years ago the fitting and wearing of seat belts became compulsory in Australia for all occupants of motorcars saving countless lives since,” he said.
“Whilst my wife and I can’t do this on our own we believe ultimately everyone who rides a bus should have access to a seatbelt and be compelled by laws to wear them.”
A fund for victims started by the state government has now reached $600,000.