USS Carney, multiple commercial ships attacked in the Red Sea: Pentagon

DUBAI, United Arab Emirate — An American warship and multiple commercial ships came under attack Sunday in the Red Sea, the Pentagon said, potentially marking a major escalation in a series of maritime attacks in the Mideast linked to the Israel-Hamas war.

“We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available,” the Pentagon said.

The British military earlier said there had been a suspected drone attack and explosions in the Red Sea, without elaborating.

The Pentagon did not identify where it believed the fire came from.

However, Yemen’s Houthi rebels have been launching a series of attacks on vessels in the Red Sea, as well as launching drones and missiles targeting Israel as it wages war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

This is a breaking event, please check back for updates.

You May Also Like

How to get free socks at R.M. Williams: Aussie shopper discovers little-known loophole

By CINDY TRAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 20:28 EDT, 3 April…

Mariners giving out a ‘Platinum Dumper’ bobblehead — yes, really

It looks like the Mariners are showing a new kind of appreciation…

Australian super funds targeted by criminals in new cyberattack

Several of Australia’s largest super funds including AustralianSuper, Rest, and Insignia have…

Teenager is found guilty of murdering 13-year-old Jahziah Coke who was fatally stabbed in the chest at a house

 A teeanger who knifed a 13-year-old boy to death before meeting a…