Trump says Mexico’s president has ‘agreed to stop’ migrants crossing into US through her country: ‘Very productive conversation!’

President-elect Donald Trump said Wednesday that he has received assurances from Mexico’s new president that she will “stop migration” though her country and into the US. 

“Just had a wonderful conversation with the new President of Mexico, Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.  


Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, President of Mexico, speaks during  the National Agreement for the Human Right to Water and Sustainability, held at  the Ecological Park of Xochimilco. on November 25, 2024 in Mexico City, Mexico.
Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, President of Mexico, speaks during the National Agreement for the Human Right to Water and Sustainability, held at the Ecological Park of Xochimilco. on November 25, 2024 in Mexico City, Mexico. Carlos Santiago/eyepix via ZUMA Press Wire / SplashNews.com

Donald Trump
The president-elect said he had a “very productive” talk with Mexico’s president. REUTERS

“She has agreed to stop Migration through Mexico, and into the United States, effectively closing our Southern Border,” the president-elect added. 

Trump, 78, noted that in his “very productive conversation” with Pardo they also discussed illegal drugs coming into the US from south of the border. 

“We also talked about what can be done to stop the massive drug inflow into the United States, and also, U.S. consumption of these drugs,” he said. 

“It was a very productive conversation!” 

Trump announced earlier this week that he planned to slap a 25% tariff on Mexican imports in an effort to get the country to crack down on illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

You May Also Like

Today Is Gold Star Spouses’ Day

Today, April 5, is designated as a day to honor those…

Hollywood star not seen in years emerges in obscene hat

A Hollywood star who makes rare public appearances was seen donning a…

Tim Tszyu vs Joey Spencer LIVE: Round-by-round updates and all the news from Aussie’s make-or-break fight

By SHAYNE BUGDEN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 21:03 EDT, 5 April…

Virginia Giuffre breaks her silence on her bombshell ‘four days to live’ social media post – as the real story behind the Jeffrey Epstein accuser’s shocking claim is revealed

Virginia Giuffre has broken her silence for the first time since her…