A second baby has died at Northern Beaches Hospital just days after the grieving parents of two-year-old Joe Massa claimed he had been failed by staff.
A review is underway into the circumstances surrounding the death of the newborn at the Sydney hospital on Saturday.
It’s understood the baby passed following complications during birth with a ruptured placenta possibly contributing.
NSW Health Minister Ryan Park extended his ‘deepest condolences’ to the parents after the ‘heartbreaking’ news of their loss broke.
‘Healthscope have advised me that they are reviewing the circumstances of this case
‘NSW Health has asked the Chief Obstetrician to review the circumstances as well,’ he said, the Daily Telegraph reported.
Healthscope said the incident was being ‘investigated in line with NSW Health Policy’ but would not provide further comment.
More to come.

A second baby has died at Northern Beaches Hospital (pictured) just days after the grieving parents of two-year-old Joe Massa claimed he had been failed by staff

Joe’s parents, Elouise and Danny Massa, met with Premier Chris Minns on Wednesday