Tarryn Thomas has insisted he is desperate to resume his football career

Tarryn Thomas breaks his silence as troubled footy star fights for his future after the AFL issued him an ULTIMATUM following another off-field incident

  • Tarryn Thomas insists he is desperate to resume his footy career 
  • The AFL has issued him an ultimatum after a string of misdemanors  
  • Daily Mail Australia provides all the latest international sports news 

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Tarryn Thomas insists he wants to be back playing footy after the North Melbourne gun was involved in another off-field indiscretion.

Thomas, 23, has been told to stay away from the AFL club after he was placed on an respectful behaviour education program.

Thomas was charged in January with threatening to distribute an intimate image and faced court last month. The case will return to the Broadmeadows Magistrates Court on July 18.

In February, Thomas faced two counts of violating a court order, but those charges were dropped.

North Melbourne were last month made aware of further allegations of inappropriate behaviour, which they reported to the AFL Integrity Unit. While this week video footage emerged of him driving with his feet on the dashboard.

Tarryn Thomas has insisted he is desperate to resume his football career

Tarryn Thomas has insisted he is desperate to resume his football career

Tarryn Thomas has insisted he is desperate to resume his football career

The 23-year-old has been told to stay away from North Melbourne amid off-field troubles

The 23-year-old has been told to stay away from North Melbourne amid off-field troubles

The 23-year-old has been told to stay away from North Melbourne amid off-field troubles

Thomas was due to return to North Melbourne in the coming days, Channel 7 reports, but the new video footage of the 23-year-old has prolonged that comeback.

The Kangaroos said Thomas had not made ‘adequate progress’ on his education program to warrant a return.  

On Wednesday, AFL chief Gillon McLachlan called on the troubled star to clean up his act or risk never playing footy again.

‘Tarryn’s got to make a decision about what he wants to do with his future,’ he said. ‘Either he comes back into the community fold and delivers on AFL and club standards as well as community expectations, or he won’t participate.’ 

And speaking to Seven, Thomas insists he wants to resume his career as soon as possible.

‘I’m very desperate to get back playing the game I love and playing with my best friends,’ he said. ‘I can’t wait to get back.

‘I’m doing everything I can to get back and the club are helping me and directing me. The club is doing an amazing job for me.’

‘I think they trust me and believe me and I believe them, and they’re a great bunch of boys,’ he said.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has issued Thomas an ultimatum

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has issued Thomas an ultimatum

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has issued Thomas an ultimatum

The Roos are playing an exciting brand of football under supercoach Alastair Clarkson and Thomas is eager to get back on the pitch. 

‘It’s pretty exciting, and what brand they’re playing,’ he said.

‘I wear my jumper at home and wish I was playing, footy boots on, socks on. I love watching them play and can’t wait to get out there.

‘The body’s pretty good, (my personal trainer Jay Washington is) pushing me to my limits, I love training with him, I love working with him.

‘I have days when I’m flat. I’ve got so much love and support around me and the club’s doing a massive part at their end. All my friends and family are sticking by my side.’

You May Also Like

What Lies Behind: Sunday Reflection

This morning’s Gospel reading is John 8:1–11: Jesus went to the…

Is this the biggest wave ever ridden at Bondi Beach?

Last week’s powerful low punched Sydney’s beaches in the face and left…

Protesters across US rally against Trump and Musk's 'hostile takeover'

Millions of Americans have gathered across the country to hold protests against…

Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre claims she suffered domestic abuse at hands of her husband: report

Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre claimed she suffered years-long abuse at the hands…