Susan Scardigno, 50, suffered serious injuries after she was stabbed alongside her colleague Julie Seed, 38, during an alleged random attack at Plympton last week.
Scardigno was rushed to hospital and underwent surgery for her injuries.
The attack was allegedly carried out by Shaun Michaels Dunk, who had been released from psychiatric care two days earlier.
Dunk was allegedly armed with a hammer and knife during the attack and had been wandering nearby streets before the incident.
The 30- year-old has been charged with one count of murder and one count of attempted murder.
Scardigno made her first statement after the incident and since she was released from hospital on Tuesday.
She called for support for Seed’s family, her family and the emergency responders who attended.
”I’ve come to learn that people surrounding those in tragic circumstances are the ones that suffer the most, so please if you are willing to help, rally around them with support and love,” she said.
Read Related Also: Was the Nashville Shooting a 'Hate Crime'?
She had a poignant message for the alleged attacker.
”To the coward who did this, I would like you to know that you achieved nothing. Julie may not be with us physically any more, but you didn’t snuff out her light, you only made it shine brighter,” Scardigno said.
“Now everyone knows what an amazing human she was, kind, loving and with the ability to see the beauty in the smallest things.
“Julie viewed the world and everything in it in a way few people take the time to, and now it bares as a reminder for everyone else to do the same.”
Although she was also a victim of the horror attack, she vowed to continue pushing through the ramifications of the traumatic day.
“As for me, you only made me more determined than ever to create change and love harder with every breath and every second you tried to rob me of. I didn’t lie down then and I’m not about to now,” she said.
She thanked everyone for their messages and actions of support.