Sky News and 2GB host Chris Smith is suspended over allegations he acted ‘inappropriately’ around female colleagues at Christmas party
- TV and radio host Chris Smith has been suspended from Sky News Australia
- It’s alleged Smith acted inappropriately at the network’s Christmas party
- Smith was previously stood down from 2GB over his behaviour at a 2009 party
<!–
<!–
<!–<!–
<!–
<!–
<!–
TV and radio host Chris Smith has been suspended and immediately taken off-air after he allegedly acted inappropriately towards female colleagues at Sky News Australia’s Christmas party on the weekend.
Smith, 60, will not front his Sunday night show for Sky News and his contract with 2GB Radio has been put on pause as both networks investigate the allegations against him.
The veteran broadcaster will not be filling in for Ben Fordham on 2GB breakfast’s show from Monday morning after Fordham went on leave.
Smith was with colleagues at Sky’s end of year celebrations at The Ivy Sunroom in Sydney around midday, Saturday.
When that formal event concluded in the afternoon, the group carried on their celebrations at The Establishment, a bar next door.
It was at that high-end bar where it’s alleged Smith touched a young female co-worker, made lewd comments and acted inappropriately towards several other female co-workers as well.

TV and radio host Chris Smith (pictured with wife Susie Burrell) has been suspended following allegations of inappropriate behaviour at Sky News’ Christmas party
Smith was accused of leaving one female co-worker in tears while another woman struck him over his alleged behaviour, The Daily Telegraph reported.
He reportedly left the event at The Establishment around 7:30pm.
Colleagues told the newspaper Smith was in a ‘fragile’ state after his wife, celebrity nutritionist Susie Burrell walked out of the family home with their two sons last week.
2GB confirmed Smith will not be on the air while an investigation into his conduct is carried out.
‘2GB has been made aware of serious allegations against Chris Smith, arising from the Sky News Christmas party,’ a spokesperson said.
Read Related Also: Bodies of 4 infants found in Boston apartment: police
‘Sky has advised they are conducting an investigation. Chris has been stood down from his duties at 2GB until the investigation has concluded.’
A Sky News Australia spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia: ‘The person involved has been suspended while an investigation into the allegations is undertaken.’
‘The welfare of our staff is our absolute priority. We have a zero-tolerance approach to inappropriate conduct and take these allegations very seriously.’
It is not the first time Smith has been suspended following allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

The veteran broadcaster was with Sky News colleagues at the network’s end of year celebrations at The Ivy Sunroom in Sydney around midday, Saturday. It was during that formal event that Smith allegedly acted inappropriately towards several female co-workers
He was suspended from the Macquarie Radio Network in 2009 following allegations from female colleagues at a 2GB Christmas party.
Smith was accused of exposing himself to several women, trying to kiss a female co-worker and assaulting then Network 10 weather presenter, Magdalena Roze.
He was fired as a producer from A Current Affair in the late 1990s after he allegedly exposed himself to two female colleagues at a work party.
The incident was initially laughed off by Smith’s bosses but the women complained to the Nine Network and Smith was sacked.
Both women left the show and were rumoured to have secured big payouts.
Smith hosts the weekend radio show, The Chris Smith Show, on 2GB and the current affairs program, Chris Smith Tonight, on Sky News Australia.
More to come.
Advertisement