A man who allegedly used a gun to hold up an Aldi supermarket in Melbourne‘s south-east has been on the run for almost two years.

The 27-year-old supermarket worker who was allegedly held up at gunpoint by the criminal disguised as a customer says it’s worrying the man was still in the public.

Police are calling for the public’s help to track him down, having released photos and CCTV footage of him moments before the robbery.

Police want to speak to this man over an armed robbery in Melbourne’s south-east in 2020. (Victoria Police)

The man loitered around in supermarket on Frankston-Dandenong Road in Carrum Downs before he exited the store about 12.30pm on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.

He was then outside the store when he approached a staff member while allegedly holding a gun.

The man followed the worker to the cash register, where the worker filled the bag with money.

“I didn’t look behind me because I knew he had the gun to my back,” the worker said.

“I looked at the gun and was sort of in a panic, my body went in autopilot.

“He was quite calm and matter of fact about everything he seemed to know exactly what he was doing.”

The man then ran from the store with the cash.

man walking
Police are searching for this man after an armed robbery at a Melbourne supermarket. (Nine)

No one was injured.

The man was perceived to be Caucasian in appearance, aged in his 20s and was wearing a black face mask and orange high vis top.

Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to contact police.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Fears that alleged A-League match fixing scandal could result in more arrests as cops investigate global network

Three players were arrested on Friday  Have been charged with corruption and…

Business groups demand smaller wage increases for workers

Business groups have demanded the government cap any increase to the minimum…

Knicks’ Donte DiVincenzo, Miles McBride struggle after strong first halves

INDIANAPOLIS — While Jalen Brunson was being pestered into a 2-for-13 first…

How Harry and Meghan were welcomed to Nigeria by a fugitive airline boss wanted in the US over $20M money laundering operation

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were welcomed to Nigeria last week by…