Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs hit with $100 million default judgment in sexual assault case

Derrick Lee Cardello-Smith won a $100 million lawsuit against Sean “Diddy” Combs Monday. Mark Von Holden/Invision/AP

Sean “Diddy” Combs has been ordered to pay up — to the tune of $100 million dollars.

The ruling came down Monday in a default judgment, one month after Derrick Lee Cardello-Smith was granted a temporary restraining order against the embattled record executive, TMZ reported Tuesday.

Combs, notably, did not file a complaint in response to the inmate’s sexual assault lawsuit.

The Michigan inmate sued Combs over an alleged 1997 assault. Michigan Department of Corrections
He obtained a restraining order last month. Zoom

When the rapper was also absent from Monday’s scheduled hearing, Lenawee County Circuit Court Judge Anna Marie Anzalone awarded Cardello-Smith the amount of money he had requested.

The Grammy winner is expected to follow a payment plan of $10 million per month, beginning Oct. 1.

Combs’ lawyer, Marc Agnifilo, told Page Six on Tuesday that he “looks forward to having this judgment swiftly dismissed.”

The attorney noted, “This man is a convicted felon and sexual predator, who has been sentenced on 14 counts of sexual assault and kidnapping over the last 26 years. His resume now includes committing a fraud on the court from prison, as Mr. Combs has never heard of him let alone been served with any lawsuit.”

Combs reportedly did not file a complaint at the time. Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images
The record executive did not attend Monday’s hearing. Getty Images

Cardello-Smith sued Combs over an alleged encounter at a 1997 party in Detroit, Mich., claiming that he was performing oral sex on a woman when he felt a male’s hand touch him.

He alleged that the songwriter offered him what he believed to be a spiked drink.

Cardello-Smith claimed that when he woke up to see Combs having sex with a woman, the producer allegedly said, “I did this to you too.”

He has been ordered to pay $10 million monthly installments. Getty Images
The payments are set to start in October. GC Images

His case is one of many lawsuits taken out against Combs since his ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura sued him in November 2023.

Combs and the 38-year-old settled within 24 hours for an undisclosed amount.

In May of the following year, CNN obtained surveillance footage of Combs beating his then-partner in a hotel — which he apologized for via Instagram video.

Combs’ lawyer believes the judgment will be “swiftly dismissed.” Getty Images
The attorney claimed Cardello-Smith “committed a fraud on the court from prison.” WireImage

“I was f–ked up,” he said at the time. “I hit rock bottom, but I make no excuses.”

Combs has been sued by multiple other accusers for sexual assault, including Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones, as he has continued to deny any wrongdoing.

Page Six broke the news Sunday that the Bad Boy Records founder listed his Beverly Hills mansion for $61 million while living in Miami.

You May Also Like

Trump Gets a Win at the Supreme Court

The Trump administration picked up a win from the Supreme Court…

The sweet smell of freedom! Drug kingpin Tony Mokbel shops for perfume in Myer during his first day of life on the outside in 18 years

Melbourne crime boss Tony Mokbel has spent his first day of freedom…

Broke LA County on Hook for $4B Payout to County Sex Abuse Victims

WOW It’s been quite a year for Los Angeles so far.…

Rangers desperate to find elusive fix to power play struggles

With each game, the outlook has become more dire for the Rangers’…