About 50 masked men were seen marching through Corowa, on the NSW and Victoria border on Saturday, chanting white supremacist slogans

Residents of a town on the New South Wales and Victoria border were left outraged after 50 masked men, believed to be white supremacists, marched through the streets chanting offensive slogans.

The group first gathered outside the Corowa RSL around midday on Saturday, with members seen carrying a large banner that read ‘white man fight back’.

The figures, dressed head to toe in black, including wearing balaclavas, were heard chanting white supremacist slogans including ‘Australia for the white man’ before they marched to the town’s war memorial.

According to New South Wales police the crowd of about 50 were ‘dispersed’ by officers following reports of an unauthorised assembly.

‘There were no arrests,’ NSW Police said in a statement.

‘As inquiries into the incident continue, anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.’

Members of the community were critical of the group on social media, labelling the rally ‘disgusting’.

‘What a horrible thing to happen in our community,’ one person said.

About 50 masked men were seen marching through Corowa, on the NSW and Victoria border on Saturday, chanting white supremacist slogans

About 50 masked men were seen marching through Corowa, on the NSW and Victoria border on Saturday, chanting white supremacist slogans 

One figure associated with Victoria’s white supremacist movement, posted on X claiming the march was because the local pork industry had been bought out by multinational corporations.

He claimed these companies were ‘importing’ workers.

Horrified locals reportedly told the group to leave once the march began. 

‘When they were walking through the RSL car park, some locals had gathered there and were telling them off, saying we don’t want racist people here and to go home,’ Corowa resident Kendra Smith told the ABC.

She believed the group were not local as she had never seen anyone like that in her town before. 

‘It was horrible because we do have a lot of people of colour here, it is just disgusting,’ Ms Smith said.

‘We did hear one of them say to a young local boy … I am not sure of his ethnicity … “p**s off you stink” — he would only be about 14 years old.’

The figures, dressed head to toe in black, were heard chanting white supremacist slogans before they marched to the town's war memorial

The figures, dressed head to toe in black, were heard chanting white supremacist slogans before they marched to the town’s war memorial

NSW Police said inquiries into the incident were ongoing. 

The incident comes just days after a self-described Nazi became the first person to be convicted under Victoria’s laws banning the Nazi salute in public.

You May Also Like

Major breakthrough in murder of underworld figure ‘Afghan Ali’ gunned down just metres from crowds on Melbourne’s Chapel St on a Friday night

By WILLIAM TON FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 05:17 EDT, 4 April…

Australian super funds targeted by criminals in new cyberattack

Several of Australia’s largest super funds including AustralianSuper, Rest, and Insignia have…

Instant karma as man yanks 10ft croc’s tail before the beast snaps back and sinks its jaws into his arm

A daredevil who pulled a crocodile’s tail then rested his hands on…

When Dems Don't Like What They See in the Mirror, They Insist That It's the Mirror's Fault

We all know how difficult rejection can be. In any area…