In a letter sent on April 3, the mother of another student at Rossmoyne Senior High School claimed a year 11 student was using the school’s prayer room to try to convert students to Islam.

The parent said she had seen screenshots of a “prayer room group chat” between students that alarmed her, WA Today reported.
The 16-year-old Rossmoyne High School student shot dead by police was a self confessed 'jihadist'.
The radicalised teenager who was shot dead after stabbing a man in a Perth Bunnings on Saturday had been given access to his school’s prayer rooms without direct supervision. (9News)

Education Minister Tony Buti earlier this week tried to distance the “radicalised” teen from the parent’s letter, saying the author had raised concerns about a boy called “Mohammed”, which is not the slain teen’s name.

The letter included a reference to the children watching videos of Zakir Naik, a controversial figure who has been accused by Indian authorities of spreading Islamic extremism.

“Messages contained information about conversion to Islamic religion inducing fear to world end, targeting other students for conversion,” the parent wrote.

“[My child] disclosed in the prayer room students are encouraged to watch videos of Zakir Naik. He was told not to inform parents, and he should hide it.”

The parent said she was ”worried” for the safety of her child and her family.

Debate has continued for days after the incident about how the Caucasian teenager, who police said had been “radicalised”, was dealt with and monitored before the attack.

The letter sent to authorities about a student in Perth. (Supplied)

He was enrolled after an incident at the school where he threw a science experiment – a small explosive – into a toilet block.

Premier Roger Cook said the boy’s offending was in the context of complex needs and mental health issues.

You May Also Like

Man killed in rollover crash in unincorporated Harvard, officials say

MCHENRY COUNRY, Ill. (WLS) — A man was killed in a single-vehicle…

Four rescued from rubble after mine collapse in Sydney's south

Four men have been buried under rubble hundreds of metres underground, at…

Labor makes $2.3bn household battery pledge

Anthony Albanese has announced a $2.3 billion investment that would slash the…

‘Dying For Sex’ Is Sexy And Steamy Television With A Major Purpose

You can’t go if you never came.  Broadly speaking, that’s the idea…