Prince Harry announces ‘Spare’ paperback edition — will there be new royal family bombshells?

Prince Harry is finally releasing the paperback version of his bombshell memoir, “Spare.”

Penguin Random House announced Tuesday that Harry’s book will be published in paperback in the US on October 22.

In the UK, the paperback version of “Spare” is expected to come out on October 24.

Prince Harry’s book. Getty Images
“Spare” came out January 10, 2023. Paul Martinka

Despite reports saying that the Duke of Sussex, 39, was looking for “more sensational material” to include in the new format of his book, Penguin Random House confirmed the contents of the paperback “are unchanged” from the memoir’s original version.

“The new edition will have the same cover image as the hardcover edition, a newly designed package and the contents of the book are unchanged,” the publishing company said in their statement.

The cover of “Spare.” Penguin Random House

Harry’s tell-all book that came out in Jan. 2023 shattered the record for the fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time in the first week of its release. It sold a whopping 1.43 million copies during its first day on sale in the UK, US, and Canada, according to Guinness World Records.

In the memoir, which was accompanied by a string of onscreen interviews, Harry, 38, aired out many of the royal family’s secrets, destroying his relationships with his dad King Charles III and his brother Prince William.

He slammed the Firm over its treatment of his wife, Meghan Markle, and claimed he was only bred for “spare parts” for William, 42.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle on Colombia on August 17, 2024. via REUTERS

Harry described his older brother as a bully and accused the future king of physically attacking him and pointing his finger in Markle’s face.

The book also claimed that Harry and William’s stepmother, Queen Camilla, leaked stories about the royal family to the media to maintain her image and boost her popularity.

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Getty Images

While doing press for “Spare,” Harry revealed he has enough content to write even more books about his life as a royal, as he cut out nearly half of the first draft.

“The first draft was different,” he told The Telegraph last year. “It was 800 pages, and now it’s down to 400 pages. It could have been two books, put it that way. And the hard bit was taking things out.”

Prince Harry on the cover of the New York Post on Jan. 6, 2023. rfaraino

The duke explained that he made changes to the book out of fear he’d cause an unrepairable rift with William and Charles, 75.

“There are some things that have happened, especially between me and my brother, and to some extent between me and my father, that I just don’t want the world to know,” said Harry. “Because I don’t think they would ever forgive me.”

Prince William and Prince Harry at the opening of Greenhouse Sports Centre in London on April 26, 2018. Getty Images
King Charles and Prince Harry in Gallipoli, Turkey on April 25, 2015. Getty Images
Prince Harry in Colombia. Anadolu via Getty Images

Last month, royal expert Kinsey Schofield suggested Harry is waiting to release his second memoir until after the death of his cancer-stricken father.

Another royal expert warned Harry against publishing another memoir as it would “slam any hope of future reconciliation” with his estranged family.

The royal family at Trooping the Colour 2018. Samir Hussein/WireImage

Still, the things Harry said in his book, as well as in his and his wife’s 2022 Netflix docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” did enough damage to his relationships with his loved ones.

Since the release of “Spare,” there’s been rumors that Markle, 43, wants to publish her own tell-all memoir about the mental health struggles she endured during her time in the palace.

The Sussexes previously signed a lucrative four-book deal with Penguin Random House in 2021.

You May Also Like

Japanese F1 Grand Prix practice LIVE: Up-to-the-minute coverage as Red Bull’s brutal driver change is put to the test

By SHAYNE BUGDEN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 22:08 EDT, 3 April…

Hackers target Australia’s biggest super fund – money drained out of some accounts

 AustralianSuper targeted in cyber attack By STEPHEN JOHNSON, ECONOMICS REPORTER FOR DAILY…

Woman charged in connection to Sydney father's murder

A woman has been charged in connection with the suspicious death of…

Holy SMOKES, Literally: Failed Car Bombing in Public Square in Amsterdam

What…well. Hold that thought. We know exactly what’s going on in…