Prince Andrew is “completely unsurprised” at his longtime accuser and Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre’s recent claim of having just “days to live” after her car was hit by a bus, the royal’s friend has said.
Giuffre, 41, who was allegedly trafficked by Epstein to have sex with the Duke of York when she was a teenager, posted a harrowing picture of herself in a hospital bed covered in bruises on Tuesday, claiming she had only “four days to live.”
However, police have since said there were no injuries in the ordeal and bus driver Ross Munns insisted that Giuffre’s posts on social media had “blown [it] out of proportion.”
Now, a friend of Andrew’s said there’s no “sense of satisfaction on the duke’s part at Giuffre’s disgrace.”
“If anything, it has brought back the sadness the entire family feel that this woman, who he always maintained was a fantasist, was allowed to ruin his life,” they told the Daily Beast.
“The whole family are completely unsurprised that her alarmist post turned out to be a fabrication.”
In her initial post, Giuffre raised concerns after writing, “I’m ready to go, just not until I see my babies one last time.”
The post prompted several parents of some of the children involved in the incident to speak out, saying Giuffre’s version of events is “sick.”
As a result, a spokesperson for Giuffre admitted that she “made a mistake” about nearing the end of her life.
“Virginia thanks everyone for the outpouring of love and support,” they said. “She remains in serious condition while receiving medical care.”
“Virginia was banged up and bruised and returned home” after the crash, her spokesperson went on.
“Her condition worsened, and she was admitted to the hospital. Concerning her Instagram post, Virginia thought that she had posted on her private Facebook page.”
One day after the crash, it emerged that Giuffre had been charged with allegedly breaching a family violence restraining order.
Giuffre, who shares three kids with her estranged husband Robert Giuffre, is due to appear in court in Perth, Australia, next Wednesday over the alleged breach.
Andrew, for his part, was stripped of his royal title and military honors after Giuffre filed a sexual assault case against the scandal-scarred royal.
She has long claimed that Jeffrey Epstein made her have “disgusting” sex with Andrew three times, starting in 2001 when she was just 17.
Andrew’s lawyers have previously said that he “unequivocally denies Giuffre’s false allegations against him.” He settled the case out of court for an undisclosed sum in Feb. 2022.
Epstein died behind bars in 2019 while awaiting trial on child sex-trafficking charges.
Andrew — who was famously photographed by The Post strolling with the pedophile in 2011 following Epstein’s first release from prison — has denied knowing anything about Epstein’s illegal behavior.