Netflix fans have declared the streaming service 'useful again' following the announcement that a particular documentary series is returning for another season (stock image)

Netflix fans have declared the streaming service ‘useful again’ following the announcement that a particular documentary series is returning for another season.

Last month, furious customers vowed to boycott the streaming giant after they announced another price rise, despite a major surge in subscribers.

The company revealed an ad-supported plan will rise by $1 to $7.99 per month, which is a 14 percent rise. The standard ad-free tiers goes from $15.49 to $17.99. The highest-priced premium tier is increasing by $2 to $24.99.

Plenty of users threatened to cancel their subscription, but it seems some of them now have a reason to stay.

The official release date for season seven of Formula 1: Drive to Survive was announced on X, formerly Twitter, and fans immediately shared their excitement.

‘Now the Netflix subscription is finally useful for something. #F1,’one person commented.

A second wrote: ‘So I still need my Netflix subscription for another month.’

A third person admitted, ‘The only reason I’ll subscribe next month… let’s go,’ while a fourth simply said: ‘I can’t wait to watch.’

Netflix fans have declared the streaming service 'useful again' following the announcement that a particular documentary series is returning for another season (stock image)

Netflix fans have declared the streaming service ‘useful again’ following the announcement that a particular documentary series is returning for another season (stock image)

The seventh season of Formula 1 Drive To Survive lands on Netflix on Friday, March 7

The seventh season of Formula 1 Drive To Survive lands on Netflix on Friday, March 7

One customer claimed that their Netflix subscription is 'finally useful for something'

One customer claimed that their Netflix subscription is ‘finally useful for something’

Another person admitted that they will keep their subscription for one more month

Another person admitted that they will keep their subscription for one more month

Another fan of the documentary series seemed excited but the upcoming season

Another fan of the documentary series seemed excited but the upcoming season 

Someone else agreed and posted, ‘can’t wait Give it to us now,’ while a different X user added: ‘Enough drama last year… defo worth watching.’

‘Cannot wait for it. Last season was actually really good compared to the last few!!’ another posted. 

‘Even though it’s highly edited for the storylines they want to script, I still can’t wait and look forward to it!!’ said one more fan. 

However, another person admitted: ‘Ha! I just canceled my subscription because it is ridiculous expensive now!’ 

But others had no issue with slating the documentary series as one posted: ‘This photo is a nonsense. Cant imagine what the actual episodes will be like.’

Another fumed: ‘This could have been an excellent insight into F1. Watched the first series and realised how contrived and staged it was. Also attracted a toxic fanbase of GenZ who want instant success for their team/driver. So, f**k right off!’

‘More scripted than WWE. I’m good cheers,’ a third said, while a fourth person commented: ‘Would be interested to see the viewing figures, assume they are beginning to drop away? Feels like this shot it’s bolt after Abi Dhabi?’

Formula 1: Drive to Survive first landed on Netflix in 2019 and gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the drivers and races of the Formula One World Championship.

You May Also Like

Aussie farmer reveals why the US will be worse off because of Trump’s beef tariffs

The Aussie beef industry was briefly shocked on Thursday morning when US…

Woman is found dead at Port Melbourne

By CAITLIN POWELL FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 21:50 EDT, 2 April…

NYPD boosts synagogue security ahead of Passover as anti-Jewish crimes ‘jump off the page’: ‘No one should feel afraid to worship’

The NYPD is beefing up security at synagogues ahead of Passover, citing…

MMA event cancelled over fears of gangland hit on UFC fighter

An MMA event in Sydney later this month has been called off…