Sunrise host Nat Barr has confronted NSW Police commissioner Karen Webb after an officer allegedly shot his ex-boyfriend and his new partner with his service gun.
Beaumont Lamarre-Condon, 28, is behind bars after being charged with murdering former Ten reporter Jesse Baird, 26, and Luke Davies, 29, in Sydney on February 19.
Investigators allege Lamarre-Condon’s crimes followed a months-long campaign of ‘predatory behaviour,’ culminating in the fatal double shooting.
Webb was confronted by Barr and her cohost Matt Shirvington about her lack of leadership during the week-long investigation.

Sunrise host Nat Barr confronted Karen Webb following the murders of a gay couple in Sydney

Beaumont Lamarre-Condon, 28, (left) is behind bars after being charged with murdering former Ten reporter Jesse Baird, 26, (right) and Luke Davies, 29, in Sydney on February 19
‘You have been criticised for your lack of public presence in regards to this matter. Only really heard from you three days after the fact,’ Shirvington said. ‘Why was that the case?’
Webb responded: ‘It was very much a live investigation. The officer handed himself in on the Friday. He didn’t get charged and will go before the court in the afternoon. I stood up yesterday. I issued a statement on Sunday.
‘I have been out and about at other things, I have a big organisation, and a $5billion budget running 22,000 people.
‘The good thing about being the commissioner and the leader is having great people around you,’ Webb continued.
‘I have got a great executive. I have a great team. And they all have a role to play. I let them do their job and they do it well.’
But Barr was not impressed by her answer.
‘Commissioner, it’s about leading. You mentioned you’re the leader. And no matter how busy you are, you have a police officer, allegedly involved in this.
‘You have a crime that has gripped this nation, particularly this city, three days to speak? Come on.’
Webb hit back.
‘It is still a live investigation, it’s very complex.’

NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb has been criticised for only speaking publicly about the murders of Mr Baird and Mr Davies three days after the fact

Detectives are still searching for the bodies of missing Sydney couple Mr Davies and Mr Baird
But Barr continued to call out Webb.
‘You don’t have to conflict anybody. To stand up there and speak and be human, want that a mistake not to do that?’ she continued.
Webb responded: ‘What I did on Sunday was I spoke to Jesse’s family. What I did yesterday was spoke to Luke’s family.
‘I want them to know that we are doing everything possible to find Jesse and Luke.’
She was then asked if she deserves the criticism.
‘There will always be haters. Haters like to hate. Isn’t that what Taylor says?’ she said.
‘I have a job to do. It is a big job. This is just one of many. We actually had seven murders last week. This, though, of course is a complex matter. All we need to do now is find Jesse and Luke.’
Commissioner Webb, who earns a $679,050 salary, was criticised for standing idle during a press conference on the alleged double murder on Monday.
Deputy Commissioner Dave Hudson fielded questions about the investigation for more than 30 minutes, with Ms Webb speaking for just 12 minutes.
Many of the questions asked were about the commissioner’s failure to speak publicly about the case until three days after the alleged murders.
She said criticisms of her leadership were ‘offensive’ after she was accused of ‘going into hiding’ by Upper House MP and former police officer Rod Roberts.
More to come.