Maxie Antoniou had just endured the fourth anniversary of her daughter Courtney Herron’s death when she arrived home earlier this month to a ransacked home and found the precious items were gone.
“I was gutted. I just started crying. I felt like I was having a heart attack.,” Antoniou said today.
Police are searching for a man captured on security cameras near the home before the flyscreen was slashed and rear door of the Moonee Ponds home was kicked in on July 1 between 4.30pm and 6.15pm.
“It was also particularly difficult because, it was just after the fourth anniversary of Courtney’s death,” Antoniou added.
Antoniou described the theft as a “violation” and has pleaded for the items to be returned.
“The value in money is not that great. But the value to myself and my family and my children is priceless,” she said.
Read Related Also: '90s Child Stars Who Absolutely Hated Fame
“They stole Courtney’s cross, my father’s cross and my mother’s cross. I was going to have them soldered onto one chain, so I would carry them in my heart.
“I can’t describe the feeling of having her gone and then this person taking that jewellery.”
Investigators have released images of a man they believe may be able to help with their enquiries.
He is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, aged in his 50’s, solid build, black and grey hair with a thin goatee.
He was wearing a fluro yellow and dark jacket, brown shirt, dark pants and white runners.