Minnesota Rep. Dean Phillips is reportedly planning to jump into 2024 White House race and challenge for the Democratic nomination.
The three-term congressman plans to kick off his campaign Friday in Concord, N.H., two sources told Politico.
Democratic consulting firm Fletcher Ridge obtained a permit for the State House Plaza from 8 a.m. to noon Friday, a spokesperson for the Concord Department of Administrative Services said.
Tennessee-based Fletcher has been contacted to work on Phillips’ campaign, a source said.
Meanwhile, New Hampshire Democratic Party chairman Ray Buckley told WMUR-TV that Phillips, 54, told him he’s considering filing for the first-in-the-nation primary ballot before New Hampshire’s filing deadline on Friday.
Read Related Also: Bill Belichick’s ugly Patriots reality shouldn’t get him fired
Still another source cautioned that Phillips still might get cold feet and opt not to launch a longshot campaign to unseat fellow Dem, President Joe Biden.
Earlier this month, Phillips stepped down from his role as co-chair of the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee because of his flirtation with running for president.

Phillips has insisted the 80-year-old President Biden’s advanced age puts him at a big disadvantage to get re-elected and run the country for four more years.
Phillips’ camp did not respond to immediate requests for comment.