Melbourne superstar Clayton Oliver will face court in January after he was charged with driving with a suspended licence

  • Has been unable to drive following a seizure on October 12
  • Pulled over by police on November 16, was then charged
  • Will appear in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on January 9

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Melbourne Demons star Clayton Oliver will face court in January after he was charged with driving with a suspended licence.

Gun midfielder Oliver has been unable to drive on medical grounds since he was hospitalised following a seizure on October 12.

But he was pulled over on November 16 and subsequently charged.

‘Police have charged a 26-year-old Camberwell man after police pulled his vehicle over on Moorhouse Street in Camberwell on 16 November,’ Victoria Police said in a statement.

‘He has been charged on summons with driving whilst suspended and will appear in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 9 January.’

Melbourne superstar Clayton Oliver will face court in January after he was charged with driving with a suspended licence

Melbourne superstar Clayton Oliver will face court in January after he was charged with driving with a suspended licence

Melbourne superstar Clayton Oliver will face court in January after he was charged with driving with a suspended licence

The midfielder has been unable to drive on medical grounds since he was hospitalised following a seizure on October 12 - but he was pulled over on November 16 and subsequently charged (pictured, with partner Isobel Cleary)

The midfielder has been unable to drive on medical grounds since he was hospitalised following a seizure on October 12 - but he was pulled over on November 16 and subsequently charged (pictured, with partner Isobel Cleary)

The midfielder has been unable to drive on medical grounds since he was hospitalised following a seizure on October 12 – but he was pulled over on November 16 and subsequently charged (pictured, with partner Isobel Cleary)

Oliver, 26, was hospitalised last month after a seizure, which he partially attributed to side effects of his ADHD medication.

The Demons confirmed his driving suspension was related to that seizure.

‘Clayton advised the club immediately following an incident where Victoria Police stopped him for driving while his licence was suspended on medical grounds,’ Melbourne said in a statement.

‘This was in relation to the time he spent in the hospital following a seizure.

‘As the matter is before the court, the club won’t be making any further comment at this stage.’

The latest Oliver news broke on Friday, just three days after club chief executive Gary Pert told a members’ forum the star onballer was committed to the Demons’ cause.

‘Clayton’s doing really well, he’s in a great head space,’ he said.

‘He’s made a real commitment….he’s 100 per cent in, he wants to be part of something really special.’

Oliver has spent his entire career at the Demons since he was drafted at pick No.4 in the 2015 AFL draft, racking up 162 games and winning a premiership in 2021

Oliver has spent his entire career at the Demons since he was drafted at pick No.4 in the 2015 AFL draft, racking up 162 games and winning a premiership in 2021

Oliver has spent his entire career at the Demons since he was drafted at pick No.4 in the 2015 AFL draft, racking up 162 games and winning a premiership in 2021

Oliver’s professionalism was repeatedly questioned this year amid doubts over his future at Melbourne, with trade rumours circulating despite him having a lengthy contract.

The gun midfielder is contracted at the Demons until 2030 after signing a multimillion-dollar seven-year extension last year.

He wanted to stay, and coach Simon Goodwin has said Melbourne didn’t consider trading him, but both he and Pert made it clear Oliver needed to adhere to the Demons’ standards.

The Demons have suffered consecutive straight-sets exits since their 2021 premiership, when Oliver won his third best and fairest, and been consistently scrutinised regarding their culture.

Pert again defended Melbourne’s culture on Tuesday.

Oliver has spent his entire career at the Demons since he was drafted at pick No.4 in the 2015 AFL draft, racking up 162 games.

But the four-time club champion and triple All-Australian was restricted to 15 AFL games this season because of a hamstring injury.

You May Also Like

Why Titans, Shedeur Sanders agreed to cancel private workout weeks before NFL draft

The Titans have seen enough. Tennessee, which owns the No. 1 pick…

Tim Tszyu vs Joey Spencer LIVE: Round-by-round updates and all the news from Aussie’s make-or-break fight

By SHAYNE BUGDEN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 21:03 EDT, 5 April…

Duke blows late lead as Houston stunningly advances to NCAA final

SAN ANTONIO – Who said this NCAA Tournament lacked upsets?  Saturday night…

Belmont Club: How Will 'Liberation Day' Be Remembered?

Will the “Liberation Day” tariff policies of Donald Trump work or…