A man and woman have been charged with murder after a 23-year-old man died in hospital after he was allegedly assaulted “over a reasonably prolonged period” at a property north of Brisbane.

The 23-year-old Eagle Farm man was allegedly found partially buried alive and unconscious with critical head injuries when police were called to a rural property in Mclean Road at Mount Mee at about 8.30pm on Wednesday to reports of an assault.

Detective Acting Inspector Joe Zitny today said the man had suffered multiple significant injuries to his body, and that the “injuries occurred over a reasonably prolonged period of time”.

A young man who was found with critical head injuries at a property north of Brisbane had been partially buried alive
Two people have been charged with attempted murder of a man at this property north of Brisbane. (Nine)

The man was rushed to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, where he died from his injuries on Friday night.

The man was allegedly found out the front of a house on the property.

A 21-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man, who were found in the house near where the victim was found injured, have been charged with offences including murder, torture, common assault, deprivation of liberty, grievous bodily harm and other offences.

Zitny said it appeared the woman had called Triple Zero, with the pair having lived at the property for between four to eight weeks.

He said a post-mortem on Tuesday would determine the man’s cause of death, while the property was still an active crime scene days later, with divers searching a dam for evidence.

Detective Acting Inspector Joe Zitny said police were calling for anyone with information about the fatal assault to come forward. (Nine)

Zitny said the pair accused of the man’s murder were known to the man, but the alleged crimes were not related to family violence or a domestic relationship.

He confirmed drugs were a line of inquiry in police establishing connections between the victim and the pair.

He called for anyone with information about the incident to come forward.

The 21-year-old woman remains remanded in custody and is due to reappear in Caboolture Magistrates Court on May 7.

The 23-year-old man remains remanded in custody and is due to reappear in Caboolture Magistrates Court on July 4.

FOLLOW US ON WHATSAPP HERE: Stay across all the latest in breaking news, celebrity and sport via our WhatsApp channel. No comments, no algorithm and nobody can see your private details.
You May Also Like

Belmont Club: How Will 'Liberation Day' Be Remembered?

Will the “Liberation Day” tariff policies of Donald Trump work or…

Measles alert for Australia Zoo and other Queensland tourist hotspots

A health alert has been issued in Queensland after a person with…

Iconic Australian fashion designer dies at age 73

Iconic Australian fashion designer Perri Cutten has died at age 73. Owners…

Duke blows late lead as Houston stunningly advances to NCAA final

SAN ANTONIO – Who said this NCAA Tournament lacked upsets?  Saturday night…