Victorian building company Grandeur Homes has gone into administration seven weeks after claiming it was “thriving”, putting construction work on more than 100 projects on hold.

Asic documents show it went into external administration on Friday, with Sam Kaso and Daniel Juratowitch of Cor Cordis appointed to the company.

A Cor Cordis spokesperson told 9news.com.au that construction works will be paused during the process as administrators assess the business and explore future options.

housing construction in the outer Sydney suburb of Austral
Generic housing construction in the outer Sydney suburb of Austral (Louie Douvis/AFR)

“We’ve commenced an urgent review of Grandeur Homes’ financial position and are working with parties to explore the possibility of developing a proposal to restructure the business,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

The administrators said they were aware that some of Grandeur Homes’ customers had been struggling to hear back from the company.

“We understand there are 108 homeowners affected by our appointment and have been made aware some homeowners have had difficulties obtaining updates from the company on the progress of their construction recently,” the statement read.

Grandeur Homes refuted claims it was in financial trouble in an Instagram post on July 15. (Instagram)

“We have been in direct contact with homeowners already and set up a new dedicated email address for customers, employees, and creditors to provide regular updates as we work through the voluntary administration process.”

Grandeur Homes, which brands itself as the “leading custom home builder in Victoria, recently hit out at reports about customer dissatisfaction and financial troubles.

“The recent rumours about our company applying for cancellation of registration are completely false,” it said in an Instagram post on July 15.

The NSW areas hardest hit by rent hikes

“We are thriving and our projects are progressing excellently.

“Our sites are fully operational, and our customers are very satisfied with our work. Please disregard these false social media claims.

“We remain dedicated to completing all houses under construction as quickly as possible.

“Thank you for your continued support and trust.”

Cor Cordis’ spokesperson did not address 9news.com.au’s questions about how the company could go from “thriving” to appointing external administrators so quickly.

You May Also Like

Oswaldo Cabrera insists he’s still a switch hitter — do the Yankees agree?

How does one get out of a platoon if he does not…

Antifa's Disrupts UC Davis Event While Police Stand By and Do Nothing

Turning Point USA was holding an event on the campus of…

Australian shares take $35 billion hit as Trump tariffs spook markets

Australian shares took a $35 billion pounding in early trading today, following…

Edwin Arroyave explains his decision to support Teddi Mellencamp through cancer battle after she filed for divorce

Edwin Arroyave’s instinct was to take care of Teddi Mellencamp as she…