L.A. Mayor Already Promising to Ruin 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles

This story is nuts, to the point that I would be suspicious if it wasn’t being reported everywhere this afternoon. Brian Williams is the LA Deputy Mayor in charge of public safety. Today the FBI raided his house because he is the main suspect in a bomb threat against City Hall made earlier this year.





Agents searched the home of the deputy mayor, Brian Williams, on Tuesday. Mr. Williams, who was appointed by Mayor Karen Bass last year to oversee public safety, was immediately placed on administrative leave, the mayor’s office said in a statement on Wednesday.

The LAPD decided it couldn’t very well investigate its own boss so they handed the matter over to the FBI.

“Earlier this year the LAPD responded to a bomb threat made against Los Angeles City Hall,” the department’s statement said. “Our initial investigation revealed that the source of the threat was likely from Brian Williams, Deputy Mayor for Public Safety. Due to the Department’s working relationship with Mr. Williams, the investigation was referred to the FBI. The FBI remains the investigating agency.”

Williams was immediately placed on leave. Here’s the statement released by the mayor’s office.

The LA Times found a neighbor who doesn’t believe this could be true.

Peggy Names, who lives next door to Williams’ home in Pasadena, expressed shock about the investigation.

“He’s not capable of that. It’s ridiculous. They must have the wrong Brian Williams, I’m positive,” she said. “They are a wonderful family, they go to church every Sunday, they’re upstanding pillars of the community, and we’ve enjoyed having them as our neighbors for over 20 years.”





When he was appointed last year, Williams was given oversight of “the Los Angeles Police Department, the Los Angeles Fire Department, the Port of Los Angeles Police, the Los Angeles World Airport Police, and the Emergency Management Department.” That’s quite a portfolio for a guy suspected of a crime, even if it’s just a misdemeanor in California.

It’s not clear exactly when this bomb threat took place. I’ve seen one tweet suggesting it was 3 months ago but none of the stories about it published by major outlets are specific. In any case, if the LAPD determined he was likely the source of the threat right away, why is he only being suspended now? The mayor’s office must have known. Were they hoping this would all blow over? Something seems fishy here. Maybe there’s a good explanation but a political cover up doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility either.


You May Also Like

Super funds could face hefty fines after hundreds of Aussies were hacked in ‘coordinated’ cyberattack

By CAITLIN POWELL FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 23:59 EDT, 4 April…

'Pro-Palestinian' Activists Take Over McGill University in Montreal

It’s not an accident that the latest campus uprising is happening…

Eliot Donovan helps brides Jamie Marinos and Beth Kelly carry their suitcases as they arrive in Sydney ahead of Daily Mail’s Married At First Sight reunion

It looks like the Married At First Sight gang is back together…

Man arrested in his front yard while allegedly shining a torch at a plane

Police were called to a home in Salisbury after the pilot reported…