Jetstar passenger who allegedly forced flight to Sydney to turn around to Perth breaks his silence
<!–
<!–
<!–<!–
<!–
<!–
<!–
A Jetstar passenger laughed and flexed his muscles outside court after he was charged for allegedly forcing a plane to turn around mid-flight.
Wade Douglas Corbett, 33, has been charged with disorderly behaviour and failing to comply with safety instructions after he was allegedly a menace on board the JQ 989 flight that left Perth for Sydney just before midnight on Sunday.
Corbett was allegedly intoxicated on the flight, which had to turn around just one hour into the journey, leaving 150 passengers stranded.
He had been refused more alcohol on board and then allegedly locked himself in the cabin’s toilet and didn’t come out until the plane landed.
Corbett faced Perth Magistrate’s Court on Monday, and appeared unfazed by his charges as he left.

Wade Douglas Corbett, 33, (pictured flexing his muscles outside court on Monday) has been charged with disorderly behaviour and failing to comply with safety instructions after he was allegedly a menace on board the JQ 989 flight that left Perth for Sydney just before midnight on Sunday
When asked by a reporter what he had to say to the passengers impacted, Corbett laughed and said ‘sorry guys’.
Read Related Also: Amber Heard's New Trailer Has Twitter Sounding Off On Her Comeback
He then bizarrely flexed his bicep as reporters continued to demand answers.
Corbett could be hit with fines of up to $27,000, while Jetstar is seeking $20,000 in compensation for fuel and operational costs.
The 33-year-old had been on his way to NSW for an unrelated court matter.
Corbett was granted bail on Monday but will have to stay in Western Australia and must abstain from alcohol.
Passengers onboard the plane had to find alternative accommodation following the incident.
‘The safety of our crew and customers is our first priority and we do not tolerate any disruptive or abusive behaviour on our aircraft,’ a Jetstar spokesperson said.
‘We apologise to customers who were impacted by this disruption and thank them for their patience as our teams worked hard to provide overnight accommodation in Perth and replacement flights on Monday morning.’
Corbett will return to court on October 6.

Corbett was allegedly intoxicated on the flight, which had to turn around just one hour into the journey, leaving 150 passengers stranded