- Advertisement -
Friday, May 27, 2022

Jason Momoa apologizes after taking pictures inside the Sistine Chapel

Must Read

Troubled Underbelly star Vince Colosimo ditches Melbourne court for Paris

More trouble for Celebrity Apprentice star Vince Colosimo as he skips court for romantic trip to Paris after being busted drug driving again...

The School Shooting That Changed Gun Laws In The UK For Good

In 1996, a local store owner in Dunblane, Scotland entered a primary school and opened fire, killing 16 children, aged 5 and 6,...

Explore Nestor Cortes Net worth and Salary, Age, Wife, Family, Biography

Nestor Cortes is a Cuban-American Major League Baseball pitcher who currently pitches for the New York Yankees (MLB). He has played...
- Advertisement -

Jason Momoa is apologizing after taking pictures and videos during a recent trip to the Sistine Chapel.

Earlier this week, the “Aquaman” star took to Instagram to share pictures he took of himself admiring the artwork inside the Apostolic Palace. The only problem is photography is off-limits, due to the fact the flash can be harmful to the artwork.

“I LOVE YOU ITALY what a beautiful start to our day off enjoying ROMA,” Momoa captioned his post. Fans were outraged and some even believed the actor, 42, received special treatment. 

“We, regular people, are not allowed to film inside the Sistine chapel,” one user commented. Another fan said, “We can’t take pics but ofc celebrities can nothing against Jason (I adore him) but it’s not fair.” 

After Momoa received the backlash, he issued an apology video that was shared by Just Jared.

“I just also wanted to say, if you ever felt that I disrespected your culture, it wasn’t my intention,” Momoa said. 

Jason Momoa Sistine Chapel
Jason Momoa’s photos sparked controversy because photos are usually banned inside of the Sistine Chapel.
Instagram/@prideofgypsies

“I came here when I was 19 or 20 to experience the Sistine Chapel. I’ve always wanted to and now that I can, I gave a wonderful donation to bring my friends and crew because we only had a couple days off to experience these places.”

He continued, “And then I found people wanted to take pictures with me, which is very odd, during a trip to the Vatican with all this wonder and they want to take pictures with me, which I don’t get, but regardless, I did. 

“I was very respectful and I asked for permission from what I thought, would be okay. I would never want to do anything to disrespect someone’s culture. If I did, I apologize. It was not my intention. I paid to have that private moment and gave a nice donation to the church. I love you. I’m sorry if I offended you.”

Jason Momoa Sistine Chapel
Jason Momoa apologized for pictures he posted on Instagram taken inside the Sistine Chapel.
Instagram/@prideofgypsies
Jason Momoa is in Italy shooting the latest installment of the "Fast and Furious" franchise.
Jason Momoa is in Italy shooting the latest installment of the “Fast and Furious” franchise.
GC Images

Aside from seeing historic sites while in Italy, Momoa has been shooting for his upcoming film “Fast X.” It is the sequel to “F9” and is the 10th main installment in the “Fast & Furious” franchise.

The film – which also stars Vin Diesel, Charlize Theron, Sung Kang and John Cena – has a May 2023 release date.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

James Lafferty and Alexandra Park marry

27 May 2022 James Lafferty and Alexandra Park have got married. L-R – James Lafferty, Alexandra Park and Stephen...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -