- An intruder was twice arrested for attempting to break into the home of Robert F. Kennedy and his wife, actress Cheryl Hines
- The incidents happened Wednesday at the couple’s Brentwood, California home
- The Kennedy campaign again asked the Department of Homeland Security to grant the 2024 presidential hopeful Secret Service protection
<!–
<!–
<!–<!–
<!–
<!–
<!–
An intruder was twice arrested Wednesday for showing up at independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Los Angeles home, which he shares with his actress wife Cheryl Hines.
The man was arrested after climbing a fence to get access to the Brentwood property – reaching the second floor of the home – before being detained by Kennedy’s private security detail, his 2024 campaign said Thursday.
He was then turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department.
After being released from police custody the man, again, tried to access Kennedy’s property, wishing to see the candidate.
He was then arrested a second time.

An intruder was arrested for attempting to break into the home Wednesday of independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his actress wife Cheryl Hines
The campaign said Kennedy was at home during both incidents.
Kennedy’s security team, provided by Gavin de Becker and Associates, ‘notified the Secret Service about this specific obsessed individual several times in recent months and shared alarming communications he has sent to the candidate,’ his campaign said.
TMZ initially reported the arrest, with sources saying Hines had been home too.
Read Related Also: Iranian Teen Girl Dead After Morality Police Attack Her on a Train – UPDATE
For months, Kennedy – who entered the presidential race in April as a Democrat but switched to an independent bid earlier this month – has asked for Secret Service protection.
He did so again Thursday.
His father, Robert F. Kennedy, was assassinated by a gunman when he was running for president in 1968.
His uncle, President John F. Kennedy, was assassinated during his first term in the White House in 1963.
The 2024 hopeful had called for Secret Service protection in September after a man was arrested after showing up to a Kennedy campaign event armed with two pistols, impersonating a police officer.
Again, Kennedy’s private security detail detained the man – 44-year-old Adrian Paul Aispuro.
‘Although it is a well-known historical fact, apparently, in your case, it bears repeating: Mr. Kennedy’s uncle, President John F. Kennedy, was assassinated. Mr. Kennedy’s father, Senator Robert F. Kennedy, was assassinated while a presidential candidate,’ Kennedy’s campaign manager, former Rep. Dennis Kucinich, said at the time.
In September, Kennedy praised his Gavin de Becker and Associates team and the LAPD but said he was ‘still entertaining a hope that President Biden will allow me Secret Service protection.’
Presidents don’t decide which presidential candidates are given Secret Service protection.
That determination is made by the Department of Homeland Security.
In a letter dated Thursday, a representative for the Kennedy campaign wrote to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas asking, again, that Secret Service protection be provided.