Hamas says it has accepted cease-fire proposal from Egypt and Qatar

Hamas claims it has accepted a cease-fire proposal from Egypt and Qatar on Monday — as the Israeli military prepares to launch an assault on its last stronghold in Rafah.

Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh announced the decision to accept the deal with Qatar’s prime minister and Egypt’s intelligence chief.

Details of the agreement have yet to be revealed.

The news comes after cease-fire talks broke down over the weekend following an attack by the terror group on an Israeli military outpost that killed four soldiers.

Thousands of Palestinians are fleeing parts of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip after Israel announced it planned to begin an assault on Hamas positions there.

With Post wires

You May Also Like

Netflix show prompts urgent warnings from federal police

A UK Netflix series has prompted an urgent reminder from the Australian…

Broke LA County on Hook for $4B Payout to County Sex Abuse Victims

WOW It’s been quite a year for Los Angeles so far.…

How a naïve, innocent moment between two schoolboys on a camping trip erupted into an unspeakable White Lotus-style scandal at one of Australia’s most prestigious schools

An elite private school has been rocked after social media gossip among…

The two words Trump said to Kamala in her shambolic concession call that left aide fuming ‘He’s a sociopath’

Vice President Kamala Harris’ phone call to President-elect Donald Trump to concede…