CHICAGO (WLS) — Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker issued an emergency disaster proclamation Wednesday in reaction to the influx of migrants being sent from the southern border.

The proclamation allows the state to provide logistical support as migrants continue to arrive daily, according to the governor’s office.

Currently there have been more than 500 migrants who have arrived into the state with more on the way, according Pritzker.

Chicago received a fifth round of migrants from the southern border Tuesday afternoon.

Along with the proclamation, Pritzker announced the activation of around 75 members of the Illinois National Guard to help migrants as the arrive.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has been sending migrants to cities across the US.

“This is all a political game for Governor Abbott and frankly, it’s cruel,” Pritzker has said.

Two charter buses were seen arriving Tuesday. ABC7 Chicago intentionally blurred the faces of the passengers for their protection.

RELATED | Some Texas migrants housed in suburban hotels; Burr Ridge mayor says he wasn’t warned

Immediately upon arrival, the migrants were loaded into CTA buses. As with previous arrivals, the migrants will undergo screening to figure out housing and healthcare needs.

More than 360 migrants have been bused into Chicago from Texas since the end of August. So far, the city has not given an official count on the latest arrivals.

RELATED | Texas migrants arriving to Chicago will need long-term support, some say

Over the weekend, several CTA buses took migrants who’d been bused from Texas to Chicago out to a hotel in Elk Grove Village.

“These Democrat elites are absolute hypocrites, and now their hypocrisy is on full display for the entire nation. Governor Pritzker and Mayor Lightfoot have been complaining about a few hundred migrants being bused into self-declared sanctuary city Chicago, then turn around and dump them in the suburbs for Republican mayors to deal with,” said Renae Eze, Abbott’s press secretary, in a statement.

Sun-Times Media contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2022 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.

You May Also Like

Stephen Bear’s former fiancee reveals she’s in labour with first baby as she shares very glam hospital snap

STEPHEN Bear’s ex-fiance Jessica Smith has revealed she is in labour ahead…

Mariners giving out a ‘Platinum Dumper’ bobblehead — yes, really

It looks like the Mariners are showing a new kind of appreciation…

Inside Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright’s first trip away as a family of three at UK celeb hotspot after welcoming baby

STAR couple Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright are loving every second of…

Hackers target Australia’s biggest super fund – money drained out of some accounts

 AustralianSuper targeted in cyber attack By STEPHEN JOHNSON, ECONOMICS REPORTER FOR DAILY…