Warning: This story contains details that some readers may find distressing.
The girl was found by police on January 9 and taken to Logan Hospital where medical staff documented her extensive injuries.
A 32-year-old woman has been charged with a raft of offences, including torture and grievous bodily harm, over the case.
It is alleged the girl was moved to various addresses in order for her and her injuries to be concealed, and that the “sustained and severe physical abuse” was inflicted on her over an “extended period”.
Child protection investigators and Logan police began the high-risk missing person investigation after a tip-off.
“The alleged physical abuse this little girl endured is amongst the worst I have seen in my career,” Detective Acting Inspector Kent Ellis said.
“Her injuries are horrific and highlight the unimaginable suffering she has experienced.
“The initial response of general duties officers, coupled with the comprehensive investigation by CPIU detectives, saved this child’s life.”
He said the case highlights the importance of community vigilance and encouraged the public to report suspected child abuse.
The woman was arrested on January 24 and charged with a total of 29 offences including six counts of assault occasioning bodily harm (domestic violence offence), eighteen counts of supplying dangerous drugs and one count each of torture (domestic violence offence), grievous bodily harm (domestic violence offence), fail to supply the necessaries, possess utensils or pipes etc that had been used and possess property suspected of having been used in connection with the commission of a drug offence.
The woman was denied bail and remains in custody.
She is due to appear at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on March 19.