The federal government has urged Australians in Lebanon to leave immediately, as tensions continue to rise between Hezbollah and Israel.

Australians are also warned against travelling there now.

“The security situation could deteriorate rapidly throughout Lebanon with little or no notice,” the government’s Smart Traveller website said.

Australians are urged to avoid Lebanon as conflict in the region rises. (Chris McGrath/Getty)

“Some airlines have postponed or cancelled some flights. Further flight cancellations and disruptions could occur with little or no notice.”

Beirut Airport could also close abruptly, and Australians have been warned the government may not be able to help

The government has urged people to avoid travel to Lebanon since October 19 last year, but republished the warning this week after a rocket strike across the border into Israeli-occupied Golan Heights killed 12 children on a football field.

Civilians flee in Rafah as Israel pushes ahead with its offensive

There are fears the attack, which Hezbollah has denied responsibility for, could provoke a greater arms exchange or even lead to a full-scale war.

Hezbollah has increased missile strikes on Israel since the latter country invaded Gaza in the wake of the October 7 attacks by Hamas last year.

You May Also Like

The Morning Briefing: Musk and DOGE Are Fun, but Tom Homan Is My Early Trump 47 MVP

Top O’ the Briefing Happy Thursday, dear Kruiser Morning Briefing friends.…

Australian share market suffers $50billion bloodbath after Trump imposes new tariffs

By STEPHEN JOHNSON, ECONOMICS REPORTER FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 20:33 EDT,…

Hungary plans to withdraw from International Criminal Court as Netanyahu arrives despite warrant

Hungary said Thursday it will begin the procedure of withdrawing from the…

Oh, Get Out! Hamas Lied About Casualties?

This is some breaking news, tell you what. *insert eyeroll* But…