‘Extraction 2’ Director Teases Netflix Has an “Appetite” for ‘Extraction 3’, But Only “If Fans Are As Appreciative” As First Film

Extraction 2 may not be out on Netflix yet, but the excitement is already building for Extraction 3. And director Sam Hargrave thinks it’s likely that Tyler Rake fans will get another movie—provided that this sequel is as popular as the first movie was.

In a recent interview with Decider, Hargrove said, “There’s definitely an appetite for a third movie.”

The director, who worked with Extraction star Chris Hemsworth previously as a stunt coordinator on the Marvel movies, went on to say that all the important people are interested in making Extraction 3. That includes Anthony and Joe Russo, who produced the film via their company AGBO (Joe Russo also penned the script), Netflix, and Hemsworth himself.

“I know AGBO has spoken of it, Netflix has mentioned they’d be excited to do it, and Hemsworth loves playing the character,” Hargrave told Decider. “I definitely have a bunch of ideas bouncing around up in this brain of mine.”

That said, the director was careful to stipulate that whether Extraction 3 happens depends on how well the movie performs on Netflix. “It really depends on this movie, and if fans are as appreciative of this movie as they were of the first, then you can probably bank on a third one at some point.”

This sequel to the popular 2020 Netflix action movie is coming to the streamer this Friday, with Chris Hemsworth returning as Tyler Rake, a black-ops mercenary who was originally scripted to die in the first movie. Hargrave made the last-minute decision to leave the Extraction ending open-ended. Given that the first movie was one of Netflix’s most popular original films of all time, he made the right call. Now Rake has returned from the dead for a new mission: extracting a mother and her two children from a prison in Georgia, where they are being held captive by their ruthless mob boss father. Now that sounds like a job for the extractor!

Extraction 2 will begin streaming on Netflix on Friday, June 16.

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=823934954307605&version=v2.8”;
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));

You May Also Like

Australian super funds targeted by criminals in new cyberattack

Several of Australia’s largest super funds including AustralianSuper, Rest, and Insignia have…

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis have affectionate reunion promoting ‘Freaky Friday’ sequel at CinemaCon

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis reunited to promote their forthcoming “Freaky…

Superannuation accounts are being drained by hackers. Chinese warships lurk in our waters. But, as PETER VAN ONSELEN writes, blasé Albo is only fired up about one ‘risk’ to the country

By PETER VAN ONSELEN, POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published: 00:43…

Holy SMOKES, Literally: Failed Car Bombing in Public Square in Amsterdam

What…well. Hold that thought. We know exactly what’s going on in…