Peak-hour traffic was stopped for three hours on a busy morning on March 7, 2022 as Christopher Walker was dragged from the wreckage moments before a fireball engulfed his vehicle.
The 20-year-old appeared at Downing Centre Local Court on Thursday.
He pleaded guilty to four counts, including dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm and assaulting a 27-year-old man in the Sydney CBD to steal his Toyota Kluger.
He also pleaded guilty to driving a vehicle while under the influence of an illicit drug and furious driving to cause bodily harm.
While driving over the bridge, the SUV flipped after colliding with an oncoming van, which then bounced and crashed into a third vehicle.
Two other drivers were injured with all three taken to hospital.
Read Related Also: Miranda Lambert's Diva Moment With Concertgoers Wasn't The Flex She Thought It Was
Walker was arrested and charged still in his hospital bed two days after the incident.
On Thursday, crown prosecutor Stella Calderbank said four charges had been withdrawn, including negligent driving, dangerous driving under the influence, causing bodily harm while in control of a motor vehicle, and aggravated assault.
Walker’s lawyer Anoj Anastasius told Magistrate Brett Shields that the facts had not yet been agreed between the defence and prosecution.
The parties have until July 27 to resolve this.
The matter will then come back before the Local Court and dates for Walker’s sentence will be locked in.
The 20-year-old remains out on bail.