A Canberra woman who was killed when a snorkelling boat capsized in Bali has been remembered by her colleagues as a generous, “exceptional leader” and a “work mum”, as new footage emerged of the accident.

Anna Blight, 39, and 12 others were en route to the popular Indonesian island of Nusa Penida when large and rough waves overturned the boat on Friday.

She was found unresponsive in the water and two other Australians, 28-year-old Gabriel Hijniakoff and 32-year-old Cintamani Warrington, were injured.

The colleagues of Anna Blight, who was killed when a snorkelling boat capsized in Bali, have remembered her as "extraordinary" and "exceptional".
The colleagues of Anna Blight, who was killed when a snorkelling boat capsized in Bali, have remembered her as “extraordinary” and “exceptional”. (LinkedIn)

Blight was a registered trustee and director at insolvency firm Cor Cordis, where she worked for almost 19 years.

Today, Cor Cordis paid tribute to Blight, who was described as “a respected leader known for her generosity, integrity, and unwavering support for her colleagues”.

“Her dedication and expertise played an important role in the firm’s success, and she left a lasting impact on everyone who had the privilege of working with her,” the company said in a statement.

“We are deeply saddened by this loss, and our thoughts are with Anna’s family, friends, and colleagues during this incredibly difficult time.

“Anna will be deeply missed and forever remembered.”

Cor Cordis chief executive Daniel Juratowitch said Blight was an “extraordinary professional, an exceptional leader, and a true friend to many who knew her”.

Passengers sit on a boat carrying tourists including a number of Australians that capsized in the waters off Nusa Penida Island, in Bali.
Passengers sit on a boat carrying tourists including a number of Australians that capsized in the waters off Nusa Penida Island, in Bali. (Klungkung District Police)

“From the moment she joined our firm, I had the privilege of watching her grow into the remarkable person she became,” he said.

“Her passion, determination, and kindness inspired everyone around her. She had an incredible future ahead, and her loss is deeply felt by all of us.”

Cor Cordis Manager Jake Borsato remembered Blight as a “work mum”, saying she was taken “way too soon”. 

Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is providing consular assistance to Blight’s family, as well as the families of the two injured Australians.

“We send our deepest condolences to the family at this difficult time,” a department spokesperson said last week. 

Hijniakoff, from Brisbane, and Warrington, an Australian living in Bali, were in stable condition after being treated at a local hospital.

New footage emerges from boat accident

A Dutch tourist filmed as waves slammed the boat – with not a life jacket in sight.

A Dutch tourist filmed as waves slammed the boat - with not a life jacket in sight.
A Dutch tourist filmed as waves slammed the boat – with not a life jacket in sight. (Nine)

Seconds later a wave capsizes the vessel.

Eventually another boat approaches and throws a life buoy, as some tourists cling to seats to stay afloat.

Those sitting on the upturned hull are the lucky ones.

An Estonian woman was on the boat with her seven-year-old daughter and her husband.

Those sitting on the upturned hull are the lucky ones, after a Canberra woman died,
Those sitting on the upturned hull are the lucky ones, after a Canberra woman died, (Nine)

She found a life jacket for her daughter only minutes before the capsize.

“I have no idea how we are alive,” Liisa said. “The waves were four to five metres.”

Her daughter was briefly trapped under the upturned boat with Blight.

“My child was with Anna and she saw Anna scream something, and then you know what happened.”

Her daughter told her mother: “I keep seeing the lady that died. I should have been able to save her. I should have been able to save the lady that died.”

The video shows a number of exhausted and injured tourists lying on a beach on Nusa Penida.

Mark Hutchings from Maritime NSW warned Australians to be careful.

“If it looks dodgy it probably is, if in doubt don’t go out,” he said.

You May Also Like

Former Ranger Mats Zuccarello honors Sam Rosen with pregame jersey

One former Ranger honored a retiring sports media legend. Wild forward Mats…

Conor McGregor hits out at Donald Trump’s tariffs just weeks after visiting the US President at the White House

Conor McGregor has hit out at Donald Trump following the President’s shock…

Hunt for man on bike who allegedly pointed gun at mum and child

The mum and her seven-year-old daughter were walking through Tirhatuan Park in…

Counter terror police issue warning to parents to look out for signs their child is at risk of radicalisation online in wake of Netflix show Adolescence

Counter Terrorism officers are urging parents to keep an eye out for…