Chris Smith’s dietician partner is standing by the broadcaster after he behaved offensively towards young female colleagues at the Sky News Christmas party.
Susie Burrell was reportedly seen leaving the marital home last Sunday after she learnt Smith had been accused of making lewd comments to women the previous evening.
But Daily Mail Australia can reveal Burrell has not abandoned the father of her six-year-old twin sons and remains in regular contact with him.
‘Susie has not walked out on Chris, not before or since,’ a source close to the family said. ‘In fact, they are working together to survive this and rebuild.’

Chris Smith’s dietician partner Susie Burrell is standing by the broadcaster after he behaved offensively towards young female colleagues at the Sky News Christmas party. She was pictured on Monday wearing her engagement ring

Burrell has remained in regular contact with Smith as he undergoes rehab. ‘Susie has not walked out on Chris, not before or since,’ a source close to the family said. ‘In fact, they are working together to survive this and rebuild.’ The couple is pictured in 2012
Smith attended Sky’s end-of-year celebrations at Ivy Sunroom in Sydney on Saturday afternoon before heading to the nearby Establishment with colleagues.
It was there he was accused of inappropriately touching a co-worker and making crude remarks to several others, leaving at least one in tears.
Sky journalist Laura Jayes, who was at the Sky Christmas party, was among those to welcome Smith’s departure from the network, posting ‘Good riddance’ on Instagram.
Smith apologised for his conduct which he blamed on long-standing problems with alcohol and bipolar disorder, and has checked himself in a mental health facility.
The family source said despite reports Burrell had left Smith she was not giving up on their relationship.
‘Susie and Chris are communicating well,’ the source said. ‘She was hurt to start but they are in contact three times a day.’
The source said Smith was attending regular counselling sessions and working on his recovery: ‘He’s trying to be Zen at the moment. Less manic and more chilled.’

Since Smith’s latest scandal broke there has been little sign of his troubles on Burrell’s social media accounts where she continues to provide recipes and tips on healthy living. The couple is pictured earlier this year
Smith’s Facebook profile now lists him as a ‘former’ host on Sky News and 2GB after both employers sacked him on Tuesday and says his marital status is ‘divorced’.
Daily Mail Australia understands that reference is to Smith’s first marriage and that he and Burrell never tied the knot despite getting engaged eight years ago.
Smith’s Facebook cover photograph which once showed Smith in a Sky studio has been replaced by a picture of an ocean sunset.
A source close to the broadcaster, who has rebranded his Instagram account @thenewchrissmith, said the picture was meant to reflect a less work-centred outlook on life.
Smith was previously suspended by 2GB following the station’s 2009 Christmas party where he behaved inappropriately towards several women and tried to kiss a female colleague.

Smith’s Facebook cover photograph which once showed Smith in a Sky studio has been replaced by a picture of an ocean sunset

Smith’s Facebook page has been flooded with hundreds messages since it was updated on Wednesday, the vast majority offering support and many from women
His former wife Alison, the mother of Smith’s oldest two children, briefly left him after that incident but they were later reconciled before parting permanently in 2013.
Smith had also been demoted from his role as chief-of-staff at Nine Network’s A Current Affair after exposing himself at a farewell party in the late 1990s.
Since Smith’s latest scandal broke there has been little sign of his troubles on Burrell’s social media accounts where she continues to provide recipes and tips on healthy living.
Six days ago the nutritionist, author and columnist posted a picture of a ‘hangover trolley’ filled with food and drinks she recommended to rehydrate after having too much festive cheer.

Sky journalist Laura Jayes was among those to welcome Smith’s departure from the network on social media, posting ‘Good riddance’. Jayes is pictured left with Sky colleagues Sharri Markson (centre) and Ashleigh Gillon
While most followers appreciated Burrell’s advice one could not resist taking a shot at her partner as he battles alcoholism and his other personal demons.
‘You better get your husband on this big time or get him off the drink all together I think,’ they wrote.
Smith’s Facebook page has been flooded with hundreds of messages since it was updated on Wednesday – the vast majority offering support and many from women.
Colin Scotts, the second Australian to play gridiron in the NFL and now a successful businessman wrote: ‘Keep your head up Chris we all love you mate’.
Robert Borsak, New South Wales parliamentary leader of the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party, posted ‘Chin up Chris’.
Smith remains patron of BEEFitUp Australia, a campaign run by the Australian Horizons Foundation to provide social and economic support to small businesses in rural communities.
Read Related Also: Virginia man wins $3m lottery jackpot three years after his brother scooped $1m in an earlier win

Smith has apologised for his conduct which he blamed on long-standing problems with alcohol and bipolar disorder, and checked himself in a mental health facility
BEEFitUp founder Anita Donlon said the organisation fully supported Smith and believed he had been treated harshly. ‘He could certainly have been dealt with a lot differently,’ she said.
Many long-time listeners and viewers hoped Smith would eventually return to the airwaves and wished him well as he sought help.
‘Hang in there Chris,’ wrote Gary Matchan. ‘In time you can put that behind you and resurrect your brilliant career. I forgive and forget.’

Colin Scotts, the second Australian to play gridiron in the NFL wrote: ‘Keep your head up Chris we all love you mate’. Robert Borsak, NSW parliamentary leader of the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Part, posted ‘Chin up Chris’ (above)
‘I haven’t stopped thinking about you,’ said Maree Curtin Bolton. ‘I’m going to miss you so much, however you will come back. We have all done and said things we regret. Hang in there you will be back.’
Susan Huff: ‘I hope you’re ok Chris! A lot of people really care about you! Look after yourself!’
An 81-year-old woman wrote on Facebook she was sorry Smith was no longer on air and asked why someone at the Sky shindig had not put him in a cab.
Several cited Smith’s well-documented past problems with alcohol and noted he had not killed anyone.
‘Well who hasn’t been a goat when they have had a skinful,’ Andrew Naughton wrote. ‘Perhaps a kick up the backside, a suspension, and some rehabilitation would have been enough.’
Camillo Marinucci: ‘Agree – however all the shock jocks have had their say only to make things worse for Chris.’
Some made biblical references to forgiveness, while others criticised Smith’s onetime colleagues who publicly condemned him this week.
‘The last perfect person died just over 2000 years ago,’ wrote Dr Michael Kennedy, Associate Professor of Criminology at the University of New England and a former cop.
‘We celebrate his birth in a few weeks. Some of us are not fair weather friends nor do we purport to be perfect ourselves.
‘Get into rehab Smitty sort yourself out your long standing friends will remain supportive. Those who judge you will continue to never look in the mirror. Onya.’

Many listeners and viewers hoped Smith would eventually return to the airwaves and wished him well as he sought help. ‘Stay put mate,’ Terrence Psarakis wrote on Facebook. ‘Need you back on air’
A smaller number said there was no excuse for Smith’s behaviour and did not want to see him be given another chance.
‘What about the women he offended etc,’ wrote Bria Christensen. ‘Has anyone reached out to them and shown empathy? Well he is a big boy and definitely needs help. Saying sorry just doesn’t cut it.’
One Facebook user seemed confused by all the fuss and asked: ‘Chris Smith, what did you do?’
Sky hosts Andrew Bolt and Rita Panahi and top-rating 2GB morning announcer Ray Hadley attacked their former colleague on air this week.
Hadley and Panahi both said Smith should not be allowed to return to their networks.
‘I’d be very surprised if he ever returns to anywhere ever again, and I’d say the radio and the TV industry won’t be poorer for him leaving it,’ Hadley told 2GB listeners.
‘It’ll be much better for him leaving it. So good riddance to bad rubbish.’