Celine Dion’s camp has accused Donald Trump of not having permission to play the singer’s hit song from Titanic at his campaign rallies.

A crowd of thousands had packed the venue in Montana on Friday for a rally headlined by Trump as part of his presidential election campaign.

Before the former president arrived on stage, there was a musical prelude which featured Elvis followed by Dion’s My Heart Will Go On.

Celine Dion's camp has accused Donald Trump of not having permission to play the singer's hit song from Titanic at his campaign rallies.
Celine Dion’s camp has accused Donald Trump of not having permission to play the singer’s hit song from Titanic at his campaign rallies. (Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)

The singing superstar’s social media accounts posted a statement that her management and record label had become aware of what they said was unauthorised use.

“In no way is this use authorised and Celine Dion does not endorse this or any similar use,” the singer’s team said.

“… and really, that song?”

Dion is not the only singer to request Trump stop playing her music.

Rihanna, Adele, Neil Young and Elton John have also previously put a stop to the use of their hits at his rallies.

Watch every moment, every medal of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 live and free on Channel 9 and 9Now. Plus, every event ad-free and in 4K on Stan Sport.
You May Also Like

‘Dying For Sex’ Is Sexy And Steamy Television With A Major Purpose

You can’t go if you never came.  Broadly speaking, that’s the idea…

Hollywood star not seen in years emerges in obscene hat

A Hollywood star who makes rare public appearances was seen donning a…

My Gold-Standard Expat Memoir: Back and Better Than Ever With the Second Edition

The “gold standard” thing is, admittedly, my own subjective assessment; I…

Iconic Australian fashion designer dies at age 73

Iconic Australian fashion designer Perri Cutten has died at age 73. Owners…