Carlos Grisales was nabbed by the police in Medellín, Colombia on November 22 in connection with the 2021 kidnapping of a girl, who was seven years old at the time. The Attorney General's Office said that the victim was able to escape in February from a home where she was being held captive

A former bus driver who kidnapped a girl and held her captive for 12 years has been finally captured in Colombia.

Carlos Grisales, was taken into custody in Medellín on November 22, the Attorney General’s Office revealed Thursday.

The victim, who is now around 19 years old, managed to escape in February.

The girl had spent the last two years locked down in a home because she had been complaining over the treatment she was being exposed to.

The Attorney General’s Office said she was only seven years old when she was abducted in early 2012 and taken to a home in the city center.

Grisales allegedly ‘psychologically manipulated and sexually subjugated her, making her believe that such behavior was normal.’

Carlos Grisales was nabbed by the police in Medellín, Colombia on November 22 in connection with the 2021 kidnapping of a girl, who was seven years old at the time. The Attorney General's Office said that the victim was able to escape in February from a home where she was being held captive

Carlos Grisales was nabbed by the police in Medellín, Colombia on November 22 in connection with the 2021 kidnapping of a girl, who was seven years old at the time. The Attorney General’s Office said that the victim was able to escape in February from a home where she was being held captive 

Grisales changed the girl’s name and moved her to different homes in Medellín and the nearby municipality of Bello to prevent authorities and her family from locating her.

Grisales was charged with kidnaping, sexual assault of a minor under 14 years of age, and sexual acts with a minor under 14 years of age.

He is also charged with pornography with a person under 18 years of age.

‘We will not lower our guard in our work against the sexual and commercial exploitation of our children and women,’ Medellín Mayor Federico Gutiérrez said in a statement.

‘The message is clear: the life and integrity of our children comes first.’

You May Also Like

Counter terror police issue warning to parents to look out for signs their child is at risk of radicalisation online in wake of Netflix show Adolescence

Counter Terrorism officers are urging parents to keep an eye out for…

'Not the act of a friend': Prime Minister condemns Trump tariffs

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has condemned US President Donald Trump’s “Liberation Day”…

Heartbreaking new details emerge about Val Kilmer’s final days before shock death aged 65

Val Kilmer was ‘bed bound’ for years as his health failed before…

Civil war in Myanmar enters temporary ceasefire as earthquake death toll hits 3000

Myanmar’s ruling military has declared a temporary ceasefire in the country’s civil…