- Baby boy dies on Saturday
- He was in hospital last week
- Know more? Email tips@dailymail.com
A teenage couple are being investigated over the death of a baby after the infant was found with injuries that have not been explained.
The four-month-old baby died suddenly at the Queensland Children’s Hospital on Sunday.
Paramedics were called to a home on Electra street, Bundaberg West in the state’s southeast on February 26 before the baby was rushed to Bundaberg Hospital just after 5pm.
The baby was airlifted to Queensland Children’s Hospital in the early hours of the following morning.
The child died just days later on March 3.

Queensland Police (pictured) are investigating the sudden death of a baby boy who died on Sunday
Queensland Police said in a statement that officers now investigating the death of the baby.
‘Detectives from Bundaberg Child Protection and Investigation Unit and specialist police from Crime and Intelligence Command’s Child Trauma Unit have commenced an investigation into the matter,’ the said.
At a press conference on Tuesday morning Detective Inspector Wade Lee said police has been made aware the child had suffered several injuries.
‘As a result of the injuries suffered by that four month old child, that child has died on Sunday,’ Inspector Lee said.
He said detectives are police are looking into a ‘number of issues’ relating to the injurie s the baby sustained that ‘aren’t explained’.
The extent of the injuries the child suffered are not yet known.

The four-month-old baby (pictured stock image) days after being airlifted to Queensland Children’s Hospital
According to reports Bundaberg Hospital contacted the local Child Protection Unit after the baby was taken to hospital.
Mr Lee said couple were not previously known to Child Protection authorities and they are not currently taking care of other children.
‘Police are currently dealing with the couple but as you can imagine this is a very distressing incident for the couple, so we are dealing with them and we are moving through the investigation as best we can,’ he said.
Mr Lee said authorities are trying to understand how the baby had been cared for and who was primarily responsible for looking after the child.
Anyone with information about the death of the baby boy has been urged to come forward.
More to come.