A bomb squad robot was deployed at the scene of the incident in North Geelong (pictured)

Two suspicious packages have been discovered at a Bunnings store in Brisbane and an office in North Geelong sparking urgent evacuations. 

The bomb squad were called to the Mackey Street office, southwest of Melbourne, after two female protesters left a package in the reception area. 

Police claim the two women were chanting and recording when they dropped the suspicious package off about 9.40am on Friday. 

Eyewitnesses told Geelong TV two women wearing gloves had dropped off an envelope wrapped in plastic. 

A specialised bomb squad robot remained at the scene at 2.15pm after being deployed to investigate the package. 

A Victoria Police spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia the package was found ‘not to contain any dangerous materials’ and the scene had been declared as safe. 

‘Investigations into the incident remain ongoing and no arrests have been made at this stage,’ the spokesperson said. 

The office is believed to belong to the AMDA Foundation, a non-for-profit organisation that delivers a range of defence and aerospace industry events. 

A bomb squad robot was deployed at the scene of the incident in North Geelong (pictured)

A bomb squad robot was deployed at the scene of the incident in North Geelong (pictured) 

A number of offices within the Federal Mills business estate in North Geelong (pictured) were evacuated following reports of the suspicious package

A number of offices within the Federal Mills business estate in North Geelong (pictured) were evacuated following reports of the suspicious package

Meanwhile, specialist police officers rushed to a Bunnings on Sandgate Road in Virginia at about 12.30pm on Friday after another suspicious package was found. 

A member of the public called police after spotting what they thought was a pipe bomb in the carpark near a concrete pylon. 

There were up to 200 people inside the hardware store at the time of the discovery, as there was a sausage sizzle being held. 

The store was evacuated and the car park was closed, meaning some customers faced a lengthy wait to leave the store. 

A 100metre exclusion zone was established around the store ‘as a precaution’.

Officers belonging to both Queensland Police and the AFP attended the scene. 

A spokesperson for Queensland Police told Daily Mail Australia specialist officers ‘assessed that the item was non-dangerous’. 

‘Enquires into how the item came to business are ongoing.

A 100metre exclusion zone was established around a Brisbane Bunnings following reports of a 'suspicious item' that appeared to be a pipe bomb was found

A 100metre exclusion zone was established around a Brisbane Bunnings following reports of a ‘suspicious item’ that appeared to be a pipe bomb was found

‘There is no threat to the public at this time.’

It’s understood police are pursuing a few lines of inquiry, with their efforts hindered by the fact CCTV didn’t capture where the suspicious item was placed. 

You May Also Like

Tesla Vandals Keep Getting Caught, Democrats Keep Staying Silent

There are two stories here. Once is the ongoing wave of…

Trump claims his new tariffs are 'reciprocal'. Facts say otherwise

The US president claims the measures are “reciprocal”, with a chart unveiled…

Woman's body discovered near Port Melbourne pier

The body of a woman has been discovered near a pier in…

NYPD boosts synagogue security ahead of Passover as anti-Jewish crimes ‘jump off the page’: ‘No one should feel afraid to worship’

The NYPD is beefing up security at synagogues ahead of Passover, citing…