Julian Petroulas, 33, has garnered thousands of followers on social media with posts showing off his ritzy life on the holiday island

An Aussie man who went viral claiming to be a self-made millionaire from his Bali property investments has been banned from Indonesia, as authorities say he owns nothing on the island. 

Julian Petroulas, 33, has garnered thousands of followers on social media with posts showing off his ritzy life on the holiday island.

‘I’ve owned a lot of villas here in Bali over the last few years,’ Mr Petroulas said in one video posted to YouTube earlier this year, titled ‘how to make MILLIONS of dollars in Bali’.

‘I started investing here a few years ago and it was honestly a gold mine.’

Later in the video, Mr Petroulas showed off a jungle-covered piece of land, describing it as ‘my biggest land purchase ever – 1.1 hectares, it’s absolutely f***ing nuts’.

He also showed viewers a venue he described as ‘my restaurant, Penny Lane,’ adding that ‘this restaurant, in Bali of all places, actually makes millions of dollars per year’.

But Indonesia’s Directorate General of Immigration told Daily Mail Australia this week that it had banned Mr Petroulas from entering the country.

The immigration authorities said they had disproven his claims that he owned 1.1 hectares of land on the island, as well as a restaurant called Penny Lane in Canggu. 

Julian Petroulas, 33, has garnered thousands of followers on social media with posts showing off his ritzy life on the holiday island

Julian Petroulas, 33, has garnered thousands of followers on social media with posts showing off his ritzy life on the holiday island

The immigration authorities said they had disproven Mr Petroulas' claims that he owned 1.1 hectares of land and a restaurant called Penny Lane in Canggu.

The immigration authorities said they had disproven Mr Petroulas’ claims that he owned 1.1 hectares of land and a restaurant called Penny Lane in Canggu.

His visa did not allow him to own land or property in Indonesia, they said. 

On Wednesday, the Intelligence and Immigration Enforcement Team of the Ngurah Rai Immigration Office visited Mr Petroulas’ villa to ensure he did not have land or business in Bali. 

Acting Director General of Immigration, Saffar M. Godam, said Mr Petroulas’ videos had the potential to damage Indonesia’s image as an investment destination.

‘This kind of content can create a negative perception among foreign investors,’ he said. 

‘Investors will think twice about investing in Indonesia if a lot of inaccurate information is spread.’

Mr Godam said on that basis, Mr Petroulas had been placed on a blacklist and ‘will no longer be able to enter Indonesia’.

He had violated immigration laws because he was suspected of not complying with Indonesian regulations, Mr Godam said.

‘We will use our cyber unit to monitor and analyze social media, to prevent the spread of false information that could harm the country.

Saffar M. Godam said Mr Petroulas' videos had the potential to damage Indonesia's image as an investment destination.

Saffar M. Godam said Mr Petroulas’ videos had the potential to damage Indonesia’s image as an investment destination.

‘Let’s maintain Indonesia’s good name as a safe, comfortable, and law-abiding country. 

‘We hope this case can be a warning to other foreign nationals to always comply with the regulations in force in Indonesia.’

Only Indonesians can buy land in Bali, while foreigners can take out a long-term lease, typically of 20 to 30 years.

The island remains a magnet for Aussies, however, with some still opting to buy property on a lease.

They include a young Aussie couple who purchased a luxurious villa on the idyllic island for just $485,000 last month.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Mr Petroulas for comment.  

You May Also Like

Trump claims his new tariffs are 'reciprocal'. Facts say otherwise

The US president claims the measures are “reciprocal”, with a chart unveiled…

China vows to counter Trump's 'bullying' tariffs as global trade war escalates

China has vowed to hit back after President Donald Trump announced major…

Miranda Devine: New FBI chat logs reveal extraordinary ‘gag order’ senior leadership used to shutdown any Hunter Biden laptop discussion

New chat logs released by the House Judiciary Committee this week show…

NYPD boosts synagogue security ahead of Passover as anti-Jewish crimes ‘jump off the page’: ‘No one should feel afraid to worship’

The NYPD is beefing up security at synagogues ahead of Passover, citing…