Alan Jones has denied allegations he indecently assaulted or touched young men at the height of his broadcasting career

<!–

<!–

<!–<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Alan Jones has denied allegations he indecently assaulted or touched young men during his broadcasting career, with Sydney’s Radio 2GB responding to the claims. 

Jones – who was Australia’s most powerful and influential broadcasters as a host at 2UE and 2GB from 1985 to 2020 – has ‘vehemently’ denied the allegations, which were published by The Sydney Morning Herald on Thursday morning. 

The report included allegations about Jones’ behaviour toward a former 2GB employee, a waiter, an aspiring musician and a young businessman who has since died.

2GB breakfast host Ben Fordham – Jones’ successor in the job – said that Jones was considered innocent until proven guilty. 

‘This is not an easy topic for us to cover here at 2GB because there’s serious allegations involving someone who called this place home for nearly 20 years,’ he told listeners. 

‘But as Alan knows better than anyone, we don’t hide around here from tough topics.

Alan Jones has denied allegations he indecently assaulted or touched young men at the height of his broadcasting career

Alan Jones has denied allegations he indecently assaulted or touched young men at the height of his broadcasting career

Alan Jones has denied allegations he indecently assaulted or touched young men at the height of his broadcasting career 

2GB Breakfast host Ben Fordham - Jones's successor in the job - told listeners on Thursday morning that Jones was considered innocent until proven guilty

2GB Breakfast host Ben Fordham - Jones's successor in the job - told listeners on Thursday morning that Jones was considered innocent until proven guilty

2GB Breakfast host Ben Fordham – Jones’s successor in the job – told listeners on Thursday morning that Jones was considered innocent until proven guilty

‘The allegations have come from multiple people including one who worked here for many years, but they have not been proven.

‘They are denied by Alan Jones. You would have heard me say this many, many times on this program and I’ll say it again – the accused is innocent until proven otherwise. And we would underline that.’

One of Jones’ accusers, a former 2GB employee, alleged Jones had ‘wandering hands’ when he drove the radio star home from 2GB’s studio to his Circular Quay apartment. 

Another made claims about his behaviour at a restaurant. Other claims concerned a young businessman who has since died and a young Queenslander who claimed he sent Jones a photo of himself with his shirt off. 

A spokesman for Jones’ lawyers, Mark O’Brien Legal, told the Sydney Morning Herald: ‘Our client denies ever having indecently assaulted the persons referred to in your letter, and your suggestion that he has is scandalous, grossly offensive and seriously defamatory of him.”

You May Also Like

Broke LA County on Hook for $4B Payout to County Sex Abuse Victims

WOW It’s been quite a year for Los Angeles so far.…

Punches fly in wild brawl between bitter NRL rival supporters at Rabbitohs versus Roosters clash at Accor Stadium

Involved more than 10 footy supporters Rival fans from Roosters and Rabbitohs…

Space tourists splash down after traveling an orbit never attempted before

SpaceX is wrapping up the latest chapter in its commercial human spaceflight…

Weekend Parting Shot: When Rich Libs Steal

Happy Friday, Gentle Readers, I pray this missive finds you well.…