Claudia Schiffer and her film-director husband have been granted permission to build a boot and coat room at their mansion in Suffolk.
The supermodel and her partner Matthew Vaughan, who produced hit film Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, applied for listed building consent to transform the interior of their Tudor home, Coldham Hall, in Stanningfield.
The couple have now been given the go-ahead to alter the ground floor service wing to allow for heating improvements at the house where they live with their three children.
They plan to remove the house’s old boilers and install replacements in an open service area. They also want to turn the existing boiler room into a space for the family’s coats and boots.
Schiffer and Vaughan are believed to have originally paid around £7.5 million for their grade-one listed Tudor mansion, where they have lived for 20 years.

Claudia Schiffer and her film-director husband Matthew Vaughan have been granted permission to build a boot and coat room at their mansion in Suffolk (pictured)

The couple (pictured together in 2021) applied for listed building consent to transform the interior of their Tudor home, Coldham Hall, in Stanningfield, where they live with their three children

They plan to remove the house’s old boilers and install replacements in an open service area. They also want to turn the existing boiler room into a space for the family’s coats and boots.(Pictured: plans for the proposed alterations)
A Design and Access statement submitted to West Suffolk Council stated: ‘The location of the existing boiler room is poor insofar as it is adjacent to the pantry (which would be better kept cool) and the room is more suitable for storing coats and boots.
‘The boilers are due for replacement and locating them further away from the main part of the house is preferable for acoustic reasons and for ease of servicing.
‘All these rooms are presently under-used in an important location at the main entrance to the house and the proposed new uses will improve catering facilities, administration and security of the site, with minimal change in the existing appearance or risk of damage to historic fabric.’
The alterations mean that existing water tanks on the top floor of the house will no longer be required, allowing them to be removed and create more space as well as reduce ‘the risk of leaks.’
A planning officer report, recommending listed building consent subject to conditions, said: ‘The site consists of a number of listed buildings.
‘The proposed works are largely confined to works associated with replacement boilers relocated to a single storey outbuilding.
‘Works to the outbuildings are minimal but include the provision of doors and louvres to existing openings. The proposals also include the installation of a cast iron pipe to carry new services to the top floor of hall.’
The grade-one listed building, located on a 530-acre estate, was built in 1574 and was once home to one of the Gunpowder Plot conspirators of 1605.
The house is built in the shape of an H in honour of King Henry VIII. It is believed to have been named after Queen Elizabeth I, who was not amused after she was served cold ham there.