An Aussie bystander with a mullet and wearing a snake around his neck has amused TV viewers with his casual chat to a reporter after his mate got shot.
Josh Ellul-Kerr, who dressed in a black hoodie and large-framed sunglasses, was interviewed after the non-fatal shooting of his friend, 19, in Adelaide‘s Kurralta Park on Saturday night.
When asked what happened, Mr Ellul-Kerr told the reporter he was told to come home by a mate and that ‘cops were everywhere’.
‘I rocked up about 10 minutes later and the cops didn’t tell me anything,’ he told Nine News. ‘I didn’t even know [my friend] got shot.’
Jake Ellul-Kerr (pictured) was interviewed about his mate who had been shot, but viewers were more focused on the snake around his neck
‘I got home and got told your mates just been shot .. I didn’t believe it.’
While Mr Ellul-Kerr was being interviewed, the snake continues to slither around his shoulders and neck – at one point, even getting knocked in the head by it’s owners beard.
‘Good bloke, lovely heart’, he described his friend. ‘It’s just, why would he get shot?’
‘I don’t understand it. He’s a good kid’, he told the reporter.
‘He’s the most least violent person I’ve ever seen.’
When asked what he hoped to see cops do to those responsible for shooting his friend, Mr Ellul-Kerr responded with he wasn’t sure.
Read Related Also: One of the Ohio twin boys who were kidnapped and then found safe has died
‘I don’t know, it’s not my place to say. Hopefully something happens.’
‘I just hope he’s alright,’ he said, ‘because he’s like, 19 – hasn’t even been in a fist fight. And then he got shot’.
The 19-year-old man was shot in the abdomen and was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital with non-life threatening injuries
He was found on his Warwick Avenue apartment balcony around 2.30am on Saturday morning
One viewer joked about his namesake, writing ‘Jake the snake live from the scene!!’
The injured man was located by police on his balcony in a Warwick Ave apartment block around 2.30am, before being treated by paramedics and taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital with a non-life threatening injury.
Police are still searching for the offender and the weapon, and the attack is not believed to be random.
There are concerns for gun violence in Adelaide as this is the state’s third shooting in the past six days.
Government Minister Tom Koutsantonis told 9News these incidents are ‘concerning’.
‘Any shooting is a concern. Any gun violence is a concern. Access to the these guns is a concern.’