‘You Will Not See the Light of Day’: Judge Threatens Migrant Charged in Cop Assault With Steep Bail

Six men reportedly charged in an attack on two New York Police officers earlier this year have been offered plea deals, while a Manhattan judge cautioned one — who was rearrested after his earlier release on bail — that if he offended again he would get a very steep bail.

“If you jaywalk, if you jump a turnstile, if you do anything at all and I have to issue a warrant, you will not see the light of day until this case is over,” Judge Laura Wood told Yohenry Brito, 24, according to the New York Post.

Brito posted a $15,000 bail in February but was rearrested on petty larceny charges last week for trying to steal children’s clothing and “fragrances” from Macy’s.

“I am very tempted right now to put you in jail. I am telling you right now, if I learn you are rearrested for anything at all between now and this case being finished, I will order a warrant and I will place bail so high, you will not get out,” the judge added.

The Post reported on plea deals offered six men who were allegedly involved in the Times Square attack that left two officers with minor injuries. Brito was among them. He and 19-year-old Darwin Andres Gomez-Izquiel would plead guilty to second degree assault and serve a year in jail under the deal.

Two other men charged in the attack — Kelvin Servita Arocha, 19, and Wilson Juarez, 21 — have been offered deals to serve six months in jail in exchange for a guilty plea.

Yorman Reveron, 24, was offered a deal to serve two years in prison for a guilty plea.

The Post also said that Ulises Bohorquez, 21, was offered the same deal as Brito and Gomez-Izquiel, but he was not among the seven men initially arrested for the assault on the police officers. The Post also said that a woman — 20-year-old Edgarlis Vegas, who was also not among those initially arrested — has not been offered a deal.

The Post did not mention 21-year-old Jandry Barros, who was arrested in January, but the district attorney’s office later said he does not appear to have been involved in the assault, as CrimeOnline reported.

All seven men arrested in January were said to be applicants for asylum. The Post said that two — Servita-Arocha and Juarez — are on immigration detainers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

We're the last house standing on a doomed estate – our neighbours' homes are being demolished… but we are trapped in this hellhole

Furious locals living on a ‘doomed’ and unfinished estate plagued with crime,…

‘Frankly borders on the incredible’: Judge stunned that psych report for suspect in ax murder of mom of 3 has taken longer than Sandy Hook massacre investigation

Julie Minogue (pictured left) in an obituary photo; accused ax murderer Ewen…

SC Woman Shot Dead as She Arrives at Work; Suspect Caught Hours Later in Georgia

A man suspected of gunning down a South Carolina woman as she…

Friday night pizza dinner family massacre suspect bought AR-15 rifle weeks before slayings and later confessed, authorities allege

Jacob Mayhugh (left) after his arrest (top left) in a booking photo…