Woman who forcibly tattooed misspelled racial slur on man’s neck to cover up gang patch learns fate

Mary Elizabeth Durham (Marion County Sheriff

Mary Elizabeth Durham (Marion County Sheriff’s Office)

A 39-year-old member of a white supremacist gang in Florida will be spending several years in jail after her role in forcibly tattooing a racial slur — that was misspelled — on the neck of a gang member who had broken the rules of their group.

Mary Elizabeth Durham was sentenced to serve four years in a state correctional facility, court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

Before being formally sentenced, Durham pleaded no contest on Aug. 25 to one count of principal to aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm over the unlawful tattooing. In exchange for pleading guilty, prosecutors agreed to drop several other charges, including principal to robbery using a weapon and principal to tampering with a witness or victim.

Durham was the fourth gang member sentenced over the misspelled tattoo. Three others — Brandon Dwayne Hayley, Brett S. “Wolf” Singleton, and Luke Xavier Evans — have been sentenced in the case. Hayley was sentenced to 10 years in prison and five years of probation. Singleton was sentenced to six years, and Evans was sentenced to 15 years.

Brandon Dwayne Hayley and Luke Xavier Evans (MCSO)

Brandon Dwayne Hayley and Luke Xavier Evans (MCSO)

As previously reported by Law&Crime, the alleged victim told authorities that Durham and the other three gang members confronted him at his home the night of Jan. 28 and demanded he cover up his gang tattoo, which read “CWB.” CWB stood for “Crazy White Boys,” police said.

You May Also Like

EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Grace Obtains Video of Suspect Allegedly Transporting Miranda Corsette’s Body

Nancy Grace has exclusively obtained video footage from a neighbor showing suspect…

Crime lord 'Fat' Tony Mokbel to walk free from jail after 18 years as Lawyer X folly comes home to roost

Melbourne’s most notorious gangster Tony Mokbel is set to walk free from…

‘We move forward’: Federal judge rejects Trump push to dismiss Isaac Hayes estate lawsuit for playing ‘Hold On, I’m Coming’ at rallies

Left: Left: Grammy award winning musician Isaac Hayes in May of 2000…

How Tariffs Wreck Trust in the United States

President Donald Trump unveiled a sweeping new tariff plan on April 2,…