Emergency responders reportedly took Wendy Williams from her New York assisted living facility Monday after police conducted a wellness check.
Police arrived after the former talk show host, 60, threw a handwritten note from her fifth-story window pleading for help, sources told The New York Post.
“Help! Wendy!!” the note read, according to the Post.
The call for assistance came at about 11:15 a.m., shortly after Williams, who has been diagnosed with dementia, dropped the note.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Williams’ health issues became apparent in the later years of The Wendy Williams Show. She has always been open about her past cocaine addiction in the 1980s and 1990s, which she overcame without treatment.
She was also diagnosed with Graves’ disease, which causes hyperthyroidism. In 2017, Williams fainted during a taping of the show, and in the following years, guest hosts filled in for several seasons as she struggled with her health issues.
“I am not cognitively impaired, but I feel like I am in prison,” Williams said during an interview with The Breakfast Club in January, according to People Magazine. “I’m in this place with people who are in their 90s and their 80s and their 70s. …. These people, there’s something wrong with these people here on this floor. I am clearly not.”
Williams, who has been staying in the facility’s memory ward while challenging her court-ordered guardianship, appeared at her window, waving her arms at a Post reporter while talking on the phone.
Shortly after, she left the facility without speaking, escorted by several police officers. Emergency responders helped her into an ambulance before it drove away.
The story is developing. Check back for updates.
[Feature Photo:Wendy Williams attends the world premiere of Apple’s “The Morning Show” at David Geffen Hall on Monday, Oct. 28, 2019, in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)