Harmony Montgomery in white dress, smiling

The search continues for the remains of New Hampshire girl Harmony Montgomery, presumed dead after she vanished in late 2019.

On Saturday morning, the group searched  in parts of North Shore, Massachusetts, according to ABC 5. Harmony’s mother, Crystal Sorey, was also in attendance.

Officials said the search location was based on the route of the U-Haul Adam Montgomery, Harmony’s father, rented in March 2020. The vehicle’s route was between Manchester and the Tobin Bridge in Boston, making that the focus area.

“Adam Montgomery drove 133 miles in the U-Haul truck. After accounting for 3.2 miles of back-and-forth travel with the rental, he covered approximately 106 miles on his route, including traveling through the Tobin Bridge tolls. He traveled northbound, southbound, and then northbound again through those tolls before returning to Manchester, Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati said.

“This left him with about 26 miles of driving between the Econo Lodge in Manchester and the Tobin Bridge.. Harmony’s remains are likely somewhere along this route.”

 

As previously reported by CrimeOnline, Montgomery and Sorey had broken up by the time Harmony was born in 2014. Harmony lived intermittently with foster families and her mother until Sorey lost custody in 2018 over drug issues.

Montgomery gained custody of Harmony in early 2019. During court proceedings, Sorey said she last saw her daughter through a FaceTime call on Easter 2019. According to Sorey, Adam Montgomery blocked her calls afterward, blocked her from social media, and didn’t allow her to speak to Harmony.

It wasn’t until 2021 that New Hampshire police reached out to the New Hampshire Department of Children’s Services to locate Adam. By December 27, 2021, the agency couldn’t find him. Police began searching for Adam Montgomery when they learned that Harmony “had not been physically seen since October/November 2019.”

In February 2024, jurors at the Hillsborough County Superior Court found Montgomery guilty of second-degree murder, second-degree assault, falsifying evidence, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with witnesses.

Throughout Montgomery’s trial, prosecutors presented evidence showing Montgomery beat Harmony, took opioids, and then ordered food at Burger King as Harmony succumbed to her injuries in the back seat of his car.

Upon realizing her death, Montgomery concealed her body for months. He stuffed her into a duffel bag and then a cooler. He later rented a U-Haul truck and discarded the victim’s body somewhere outside of Boston.

Adam Montgomery
Harmony and Adam Montgomery/NHPD]

For nearly two years after, he said nothing and denied harming her, claiming that he returned Harmony to her biological mother.

A jury deliberated for less than six hours in February before returning guilty verdicts on charges of murder, falsifying evidence, witness tampering, and abuse of a corpse in Harmony’s death.

Montgomery admitted at trial that he ultimately dumped “her like garbage in an undisclosed location,” prosecutors said.

Meanwhile, Sorey said she plans to organize monthly searches and wants anyone with any information to call the case hotline at 603-932-8997.

“There’s no reason to be afraid anymore,” she said. “Even if you think it’s the tiniest of information, it can help in a huge way.”

[Feature Photo: Harmony Montgomery/Facebook]

You May Also Like

‘This is diabolical’: Woman plows into biking dad, then makes ‘rest in peace’ post and shares victim’s daughter’s pleas to find the killer, police say

Background: Haley Layman being arrested Tuesday, April 1, 2025 (Grundy County Sheriff’s…

Crime lord 'Fat' Tony Mokbel to walk free from jail after 18 years as Lawyer X folly comes home to roost

Melbourne’s most notorious gangster Tony Mokbel is set to walk free from…

'Idiot' US tourist who risked wiping out entire uncontacted tribe with a can of Coke faces FIVE YEARS in jail for his stunt

An American ‘danger tourist’ who risked wiping out an entire uncontacted tribe faces…

EXCLUSIVE: Nancy Grace Obtains Video of Suspect Allegedly Transporting Miranda Corsette’s Body

Nancy Grace has exclusively obtained video footage from a neighbor showing suspect…