‘She just lost control’: Stepmother, father face murder charges in death of girl, 8, who was allegedly beaten 10 to 20 times with a wooden rolling pin

Natiela Barros is accused of beating her stepdaughter Sayra Barros, 8, to death with a rolling pin on Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2024, at their home in Bethlehem, Georgia. The girl’s father, Cledir Barros, inset, also is facing charges for allowing his wife to be with his daughter unsupervised despite knowing she was abusive to the girl, authorities said. (WAGA/YouTube)

A woman allegedly beat her 8-year-old stepdaughter to death at a home in Georgia, hitting her 10 to 20 times with a wooden rolling pin in the neck area. The girl’s father is accused of leaving her alone with the stepdaughter despite knowing of the abuse. Both are now facing murder charges.

The Gwinnett County Police Department said in a press release that officers responded to medical call at a home in the 300 block of Vine Springs around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Officers said the stepmother, 34-year-old Natiela Barros, had been alone with the girl when she became unresponsive. Barros called the girl’s father who came to the home and started CPR before calling 911, according to authorities. After officers arrived, paramedics pronounced the girl dead on scene. Homicide detectives were called into investigate “given the circumstances” of the death. They interviewed the adults at the home.

You May Also Like

Teacher hired high school student to kill her husband, provided ‘down payment’ and details on when kids would be out of the house: Police

Inset: Stephanie Demetrius (Franklin County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Academy for Urban…

Florida House Approves Draconian Restrictions on Citizen-Led Constitutional Amendments

A petition drive at the Government Services Building today to legalize recreational…

‘I gotta finish the beef’: Teen celebrates newly committed murder with YouTube ‘head shot’ rap video, cops say

Left inset: Murder suspect Cameron Kizer Jr. (Allen County Sheriff’s Department). Right…

‘We move forward’: Federal judge rejects Trump push to dismiss Isaac Hayes estate lawsuit for playing ‘Hold On, I’m Coming’ at rallies

Left: Left: Grammy award winning musician Isaac Hayes in May of 2000…