‘Please don’t kill me, bro’: Celebrity chef says he is ‘grateful’ to be alive after being gunned down with girlfriend in robbery caught on video

Inset: Celebrity chef Tobias Dorzon with Usher (Instagram). Background: Surveillance footage showing the Tobias Dorzon shooting (WTTG/YouTube).

Inset: Celebrity chef Tobias Dorzon with Usher (Instagram). Background: Surveillance footage showing the Tobias Dorzon shooting (WTTG/YouTube).

An award-winning “Chef of the Year” from Maryland who has appeared on the Food Network and regularly cooks for celebrities and athletes is recovering from a shooting ambush that left him and his girlfriend hospitalized last week, with the entire assault being caught on camera.

“This incident shook us,” wrote ex-NFL star and chef Tobias Dorzon on Saturday in a statement posted to the Instagram pages for his two Hyattsville restaurants, Huncho House and 1123 By Chef Tobias. “I’m incredibly grateful to be on the road to recovery,” he said.

Dorzon — a former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans running back who has appeared on the Food Network programs “Chopped,” “Tournament of Champions” and “Guy’s Grocery Games” — was returning home from dinner on Tuesday night, Nov. 5, when five armed attackers set upon him and his girlfriend, according to Hyattsville Police.

“Please don’t kill me, bro! Please don’t kill me!” Dorzon can be heard saying on surveillance video after the group starts shooting at him.

The footage, which was first obtained by TMZ and Fox affiliate WTTG, shows the group setting upon Dorzon and his girlfriend in the 2500 block of Kirkwood Place in Hyattsville — a Washington, D.C., suburb — at around 10:15 p.m., the Hyattsville Police Department reports.

Surveillance cameras in the area caught the alleged assailants arriving and leaving in a white SUV with a sunroof and an unknown tag. The suspects were wearing jackets and hoods, with three of them carrying semiautomatic handguns and a fourth allegedly brandishing a short rifle “of some sort,” per HPD Chief Jarod J. Towers.

“This is barbarous activity and conduct by violent criminals,” Towers told reporters at a press conference last week.

“I want to see those responsible for this heinous act held accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” added Prince George’s County Councilmember Wanika Fisher, who represents the area where the shooting occurred, in a statement.

You May Also Like

7-year-old boy eating McDonald’s Happy Meal shot in the head by stray bullet, cops say

Inset: Anthony, 7 (KHOU/YouTube via victim’s family). Background: Apartment on Northborough Drive…

17 Named Storms Predicted for Hurricane Season

Hurricane Milton’s storm track last year. (NHC) Colorado State University researchers Thursday…

‘He’s getting ready to do something’: Man killed mother and 15-year-old brother just days after being released from prison, police say

Background: News footage of the home where Dana Jenkins and her son…

Crime lord 'Fat' Tony Mokbel to walk free from jail after 18 years as Lawyer X folly comes home to roost

Melbourne’s most notorious gangster Tony Mokbel is set to walk free from…