Missing New Hampshire Girls Found; Dad Charged With Mom’s Murder [UPDATE]

The father of two young New Hampshire girls who were the subject of an Amber Alert on Friday has been charged with murder in their mother’s death.

Caitlyn Naffziger was found dead from a single gunshot to the head in a Berlin apartment at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday. That discovery led to the Amber Alert for 4-year-old Elowyn and 13-month-old Vaelyn Duren and the search for their father, 37-year-old Dustin Mark Duren. Police said he should be considered “armed and dangerous,” as CrimeOnline reported, and cautioned that he should not be approached.

Duren was at about 11 a.m. outside an Applebee’s in Keene, about 170 miles away, according to WMUR. Several people saw Duren’s vehicle and reported it to police, investigators said.

Video from one witness shows police ordering Duren out of the vehicle.

“My son recognized the car and said, ‘Oh my gosh, Mom, that’s the Amber Alert from this morning,” said witness Tonya Hansen, who took the video. “It was after the police had already figured it out. There were some citizens who recognized the car earlier and called.”

Police said the two girls were not physically harmed.

Dunn is expected back in court for a probable cause hearing on March 13. Check back for updates.

You May Also Like

Matanzas High School Student Lands a Punch on Deputy Breaking Up a Fight

A Matanzas High School student was arrested after striking a sheriff’s deputy…

Palm Coast Council Seeks Analysis to Move Proposed Fuel Farm Off U.S. 1 as Opposition Builds Fast

Residents of Sawmill Creek, the new subdivision just north of a proposed…

Florida House Committee Approves Sales Tax Cut to 5.25% But Eliminates Tax ‘Holidays’

House Ways & Means Chairman Wyman Duggan, R-Jacksonville, is helping lead efforts…